Highlighted
DjamelBen
1 Copper

Slow response of Power button on Inspiron 15 3542

I have a problem with my laptop inspiron 15 3542 i3 processor which start when I let it in sleep mode for 3 days - not continuously - I mean that I didn't switch off my laptop for three day and when I finish my work of the day I didn't switch it off I let it in sleep mode (this is the behavior), and when I want to turn it on it won't then I eliminate the battery to try turn it on again but the laptop shut down and won't turn on. after that when I take it to a technician He said that when the CMOS battery of the bios is removed the pc start with a bip, but if the CMOS battery is mounted then the pc will not turn on, and now when I press the power button the fan starts working but its response is slow; the dell logo doesn't appear as it was previously (of course the CMOS battery is removed). One other thing is that I did a BIOS update to my laptop before this problem by one week or two, and everything was good after the update with no problem. Can I perform another update to my laptop with CMOS battery is removed without any problems or should it be mounted. Please if any solution, tell me.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JOcean
5 Tungsten

Re: Slow response of Power button on Inspiron 15 3542

I would not do an update with the CMOS battery removed and certainly not a BIOS update with the battery removed, that is asking for trouble. Have you tried a new CMOS battery in the system? With the CMOS battery installed (a new battery) are you seeing any sequence of lights flashing or hearing any beeps?

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
-A user helping other users
-If you like an answer please click on thumbs up
-If a reply is a solution to your problem please click on Accept as Solution
Gaming on a home built ASUS Z170K i5 6600
Real work on an Inspiron 15 5575
0 Kudos
DjamelBen
1 Copper

Re: Slow response of Power button on Inspiron 15 3542

yes I tried a new CMOS battery but the problem still the same. Laptop won't turn on.

0 Kudos