dslomer64
1 Nickel

Sorry, unable to complete the action you requested.

What have I done wrong? How to get around it? I merely pasted in text from Notepad and I immediately get the message in my Subject line.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
dslomer64
1 Nickel

Re: Sorry, unable to complete the action you requested.

Sorry, unable to complete the action you requested.

0 Kudos
dslomer64
1 Nickel

Now I get "Correct the highlighted errors and try again in a few minutes." I take this to mean that this forum's software just doesn't work.

0 Kudos
Saltgrass
4 Germanium

The forum's software has some problems.  It will bleep normal words and not allow certain links.  The message will usually highlight what is being questioned.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos
Highlighted
dslomer64
1 Nickel

Re: Sorry, unable to complete the action you requested....

OK.. Forget RICH TEXT. Use HTML. See what happens. Got same message. Took out a URL. Will now take out any line having any other kind of slash in it.. Still got the message. What? Don't use Notepad? This is becoming ridiculous. I'll copy it to Word and then back here, knowing that I'm wasting my time....

0 Kudos
dslomer64
1 Nickel

In other words, I'm right: software behind forums is <Substitute character removed>. Let's see what it does with THAT.

0 Kudos
dslomer64
1 Nickel

Okay. It's <Substitute character removed>. How's that gonna fly?

0 Kudos
dslomer64
1 Nickel

hey... i was gonna help the world with my post... now I'm just <Substitute character removed> OUT OF HERE.

0 Kudos