alexpaul5335
1 Copper

Stolen Alienware 15 R3

Hello board.  I've reported a stolen laptopn to Dell some time back, using the form they have on website. Not sure what the next steps are.  Will Dell contact me if someone attempts to use the service tag?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
beamermt79
4 Ruthenium

Re: Stolen Alienware 15 R3

Not that I've ever heard no. Reporting your service tag to Dell prevents the person who stole your device from using warranty services or selling your device with the warranty on it. Dell does not have the ability to track, trace, or do much of anything else, to try and find your device. Some laptops come with computrace but that is an addon service you have to pay for.
alexpaul5335
1 Copper

Sigh. Does that mean, Dell does not give heed to the information about police case that I provided in the lost form?       http://www.dell.com/support/incidents-online/au/en/audhs1/email/stolen?lwp=rt

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
beamermt79
4 Ruthenium

This looks like it goes to an Australian site, as such i'm not sure what the laws and regulations for that are. Hopefully someone does...
0 Kudos
JohnVan11
1 Nickel

You guys only talk about LoJack.but for got about Windows find my device,that can locate your device.

0 Kudos