Start a Conversation

Unsolved

I

2 Posts

February 23rd, 2022 03:00

Stuck in repair tool loop Windows 10

Today I decided to install an update on Dell Inspiron 14 5000. After the restart, it put me in the repair tool loop and none of the options presented in troubleshooting work. Furthermore, when I try to run "C:" in cmd, it says it cannot find the drive, however, when I open up BIOS settings it does see the SSD drive. The SSD drive is not the original drive that was in the laptop, but everything was working fine up until now. How can I fix the issue?  edit: I don't exactly recall what update it was, but it had to be either Dell-related or Windows Update

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 23rd, 2022 10:00

I suspect windows 10 is corrupt therefore, I suggest reinstalling windows 10 onto the computer.

You could do this by creating an windows 10 installation media from the Microsoft store. You'll need a blank USB flash drive with at least 8GB of space and a working computer to create the media.  

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

Also, 

How to Reinstall Windows 10 Dell (Official Dell Tech Support) - YouTube

Clean Install Windows 10 (Official Dell Tech Support) - YouTube

2 Posts

March 5th, 2022 02:00

@LSUFAN51 wrote:

I suspect windows 10 is corrupt therefore, I suggest reinstalling windows 10 onto the computer. TommyPet

You could do this by creating an windows 10 installation media from the Microsoft store. You'll need a blank USB flash drive with at least 8GB of space and a working computer to create the media.  

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

Also, 

How to Reinstall Windows 10 Dell (Official Dell Tech Support) - YouTube

Clean Install Windows 10 (Official Dell Tech Support) - YouTube

What's Your opinion about this suggestion as one of friends has advised me this:
Get the SSD Manufacturer's Drive Test App (e.g. Samsung Magician tools) on a bootable USB Key and test the drive.

Startup loops like you see are (in my experience) either (a) a bad drive or (b) a badly corrupted operating system.

If the latter and Windows Startup repair does not fix it, you will have to reinstall the operating system.

If the former, you will need to replace the drive and then reinstall Windows.

No Events found!