Start a Conversation

Unsolved

K

1 Message

May 18th, 2018 02:00

Support Assist Not installing

I recently uninstalled support assist for a reason, Now I could not reinstall it back

I used 2 launchers which were provided by this site

When I use the "SupportAssistLauncher.exe", it shows that SupportAssist is only for PC's from Dell and Alienware

When I use the "aulauncher.exe", It downloads an update file called CSAW.exe for 5.5MB and then says Installation is completed.

Both of these did not do any changes, this happens again and again even if I restart my laptop

My Laptop Model:
Dell Inspiron 15 - 3567
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.9GHz

9.4K Posts

May 18th, 2018 06:00

Hi Kannanas243,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Here is information from the Dell knowledge base you may find helpful with restoring SupportAssist:

Dell SupportAssist for PCs and tablets

1 Message

May 24th, 2018 00:00

Same exact issue, other then I am running win 7 pro on my Precision 7710 , Task manager shows a supportassist download manager and supportassistinstaller running, but I see nothing on screen. I assume yours is doing the same thing.

The canned cut and paste answers that give no answers really are a waste of time also. I assume that you, like myself, actually downloaded the support assist at that page in one of your attempts to get it working already.

I will also assume you came across this page which is probably the best help that doesn't work written here on the entire subject. https://www.dell.com/community/SupportAssist/dell-support-will-not-install/td-p/5078769

Since I am replying 6 days after you posted this.. I will ask if you found a solution or ended up calling support to log on and fix the issue?

Mike

2 Posts

May 31st, 2018 22:00

Exactly the same problem. Have you solved it?

Regards,

Serhiy

1 Message

June 18th, 2018 16:00

Hi Robert,

I am unable to reinstall dell support assist, i've looked around on the web and no one has a solution. Even dell tech support were unable to help unfortunately. Downloaded and installed aulauncher as well as support assist launcher and still nothing :(

Photo1::: when i try to install it via supportassistlauncher it comes up with the below message (see image) yet my internet connection is perfectly fine.

Photo 2::: When I try to install it via aulauncher is says installed but it's actually no where to be found (not installed according to list of installed apps in control panel)

dell1.PNGdell2.PNG

Please help 

2 Posts

June 20th, 2018 10:00

I have had a similar problem. I have Support Assist downloaded and have used it before.

2 problems:

Previously it shows I need to update my graphics driver. I have downloaded it multiple times, yet every time I check afterwards it shows it needs to be updated yet again

I am now trying to download update for audio driver and it says I need to download Support Assist, WHICH I HAVE GOT !

But I do it anyway, and then it says Install cancelled and it is only for Depp Products. I am USING A DELL LAPTOP WHEN DOING IT.

Do Dell only employ literal monkeys when they created Support Assist? 

Is it possible they could all be fired, and a sensible human put in charge?

2 Posts

July 2nd, 2018 13:00

This is the problem I'm having.   I couldn't get the SupportAssist to Update over several days and read that someone removed it and re-added from the website to get to the last version.  Now it brings the window up saying installation canceled and it could be my internet connection.

dell support assist.jpg

2 Posts

July 3rd, 2018 05:00

This is the problem I'm having.   I couldn't get the SupportAssist to Update over several days and read that someone removed it and re-added from the website to get to the last version.   So I uninstalled programs that referenced dell support assist through Windows uninstaller.

When I download SupportAssist from the Dell Support site it appears to be installing correctly by saying " A newer version is available and installing on this PC,

Then it fails.  

INSTALLATION CANCELLED

We encountered an unexpected error while installing SupportAssist.  This may be due to a lost internet connection.  Check your connection and try Again.

XPS One 2720 with 64 bit windows 10

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

July 3rd, 2018 08:00

Thank you for your message. I apologize for the inconvenience caused & will be glad to assist you on this. Please try the troubleshooting steps below & check if the file installs

1. Check event viewer > Applications > Event source = “msiinstaller” & “SupportAssistAgent”  InstallShield 18:51:19: Failed to apply permissions
  2. Go to path c:\Program Files\Dell\SupportAssistAgent\bin folder path, check if it has “.TMP” files in it. (refer following screenshot)

1. 1.png

Open Windows services, check if “Dell SupportAssist” windows service is in running.

2.png

5 Posts

July 6th, 2018 02:00

I have the same issue with my Precision M4700..since it might be connectivity issues thru internet i include Dell as allowed websites. I exclude also the directory folder of Dell for scanning on my windows defender.

I bought my laptop in the US thru Ebay,....now I am here in Thailand. Is there any issue about localisation?

1 Message

July 11th, 2018 10:00

I am having the same issue installing. I get the internet not connected error as well. 

It started after having to reinstall Windows 10, after having just about everything replaced in my laptop.

July 20th, 2018 15:00

After reading all these posts, I assumed my problem was resolved, but I'm not seeing any resolution.  I have a reconditioned Latitude E6530 that ran great with no problems. The warranty ran out over a year ago. SupportAssist said my battery was not dependable and I replaced it, no problem. Then I had a Windows 10 Pro problem and ran diagnostics on SupportAssist. It said there was a problem with the hard drive. I had the hard drive replaced with a Hitachi 1 tb. drive the original was 500 gb generic Hitachi.  I got notification to run SupportAssist and tried to, but it ended with error.  I tried a couple more times, same result. I then tried to re-install SupportAssist after downloading from here.The install ran for about 30 seconds and I got  :"Installation canceled  --  SupportAssist is only for PCs from Dell and Alienware". I've looked everywhere, and being new to the Dell community, was hoping it was an easy fix.  Now seeing all the unkind words for Dell Support in this forum, I'm getting a sinking feeling.  Has anyone found a solution that works? Thanks in advance for any advice.  I tried online chat and was told machine is out of warranty...duh

2 Posts

July 23rd, 2018 10:00

Same here.

Dell tech support (France) just told me that a problem has been identified and the new version of SupportAssist is not compatible with Alienware computers. Apparently, they are working on it.

The trouble with that is previous posters in this thread claim to own Dell computers so my guess is the Alienware story is just designed to stall customers whilst they look for the real issue.

28 Posts

July 25th, 2018 12:00

Have the exact the same problem, have you found a fix? If so, please let me know, thanks!

1 Message

July 26th, 2018 16:00

Same issue here. 32 bit Win 7 Pro fresh load. Dell Mini.  Dell's "Alienware" excuse is exactly that - an excuse. Is telling the truth such a bad idea or something? Thanks for nothing Dell.

No Events found!