olim1227
1 Nickel

Re: Support Assist Not installing

I have the same issue with my Precision M4700..since it might be connectivity issues thru internet i include Dell as allowed websites. I exclude also the directory folder of Dell for scanning on my windows defender.

I bought my laptop in the US thru Ebay,....now I am here in Thailand. Is there any issue about localisation?

0 Kudos
emtp82
1 Copper

I am having the same issue installing. I get the internet not connected error as well. 

It started after having to reinstall Windows 10, after having just about everything replaced in my laptop.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stoney1612
1 Nickel

After reading all these posts, I assumed my problem was resolved, but I'm not seeing any resolution.  I have a reconditioned Latitude E6530 that ran great with no problems. The warranty ran out over a year ago. SupportAssist said my battery was not dependable and I replaced it, no problem. Then I had a Windows 10 Pro problem and ran diagnostics on SupportAssist. It said there was a problem with the hard drive. I had the hard drive replaced with a Hitachi 1 tb. drive the original was 500 gb generic Hitachi.  I got notification to run SupportAssist and tried to, but it ended with error.  I tried a couple more times, same result. I then tried to re-install SupportAssist after downloading from here.The install ran for about 30 seconds and I got  :"Installation canceled  --  SupportAssist is only for PCs from Dell and Alienware". I've looked everywhere, and being new to the Dell community, was hoping it was an easy fix.  Now seeing all the unkind words for Dell Support in this forum, I'm getting a sinking feeling.  Has anyone found a solution that works? Thanks in advance for any advice.  I tried online chat and was told machine is out of warranty...duh

0 Kudos
7leagues
1 Copper

Same here.

Dell tech support (France) just told me that a problem has been identified and the new version of SupportAssist is not compatible with Alienware computers. Apparently, they are working on it.

The trouble with that is previous posters in this thread claim to own Dell computers so my guess is the Alienware story is just BS designed to stall customers whilst they look for the real issue.

0 Kudos
PacMaze
2 Iron

Have the exact the same problem, have you found a fix? If so, please let me know, thanks!

0 Kudos
shaydnights
1 Copper

Same issue here. 32 bit Win 7 Pro fresh load. Dell Mini.  Dell's "Alienware" excuse is exactly that - an excuse. Is telling the truth such a bad idea or something? Thanks for nothing Dell.

DellFarmer
1 Nickel

Hey everybody, I had this problem also, and I finally solved it by NOT asking Dell for help.

Here's how:

1. Download and install the free trial version (full) of Revouninstaller. (Google it lol!)

2. Run it. It'll present you a big window with all your apps.

3. Find and double click the very first SupportAssist icon you see. It'll start the uninstall process by first backing up your registry and saving a 'rollback' in case the uninstall screws up your machine.

4. It'll either successfully uninstall DellSupportAssist, or say the the applications native uninstaller is not working.

5. If that's the case, use the 'Advanced' option at the lower right hand side of the screen to have Revouninstaller manually remove all registry entries, folders and leftover files from your machine. (It'll present a window that looks like registry entries and one that looks like abandoned and leftover folders, all checked).

6. Have it remove ALL of that **bleep**, then reboot the machine.

7. Run Revouninstaller and look for that 'second' SupportAssist icon - you know the one. Have Revo try to uninstall that one.

8. If it fails, choose that 'Advanced' option on the lower right again, and have Revo go after the remaining registry entries and leftover folders. Reboot.

9. Download the Dell SupportAssist installation file (if you don't already have it from the dozens of OTHER times you downloaded it in an attempt to get it to work!) and install it again from scratch.

10. It SHOULD work, but now you have to re-enter all of your profile and background info, which is mostly stuff about you, and not the machine.

11. And there you go.

Sidenote: Why Dell doesn't have their own 'nuker' or specialized uninstaller routine is beyond anybody's guess. Instead they'd rather cut & paste a tedious step-by-step, which, of course, doesn't work!

Good luck!

AxelBest
1 Copper

Still same problem, no solution. The product is installed but it need some validation that is not working.

0 Kudos
Felix450
1 Copper

I am using version 2.0.6875.668 of Supportassist on my XPS 8900, I click to download and update to version 2.2.6992.1111 the program does not appear to download despite no problem with my internet connection, it then displays message 'install complete' but the program does not update to the latest version.

If I click to install the latest version from the Dell website I get the message 'installation canceled we encountered an error while installing support assist this maybe due to a lost internet connection.

I have tried uninstalling an reinstalling using free revo uninstaller removing traces from the registry but that does not work.

The version I have installed still works,  but I would like to be able to update to the latest version.

Hope Dell updates the program, with a proper fix soon.

0 Kudos
Thms317
1 Copper

I have the exact same problem and unfortunately have not found a fix. 

0 Kudos