DukeNuk3m
1 Copper

Re: Support Assist Not installing

Same exact thing happening here too. Dell G7 15

0 Kudos
Sly D
1 Copper

This solution worked on my 3647.  Nice job DellFarmer!

DellFarmer is right: Dell needs to come up with a uninstaller so you don't have to use a third party utility to perform a deep scrub of the registry and files.  

0 Kudos
DukeNuk3m
1 Copper

So after trying Dellfarmer's fix, it worked for me as well. I just had to make sure I really got in there and cleared all those registry files. Hopefully there won't be problems in the future like this when trying to update SupportAssist.

0 Kudos
Abscission
1 Copper

Re: Support Assist Not installing..

SOLVED!
Thank you DellFarmer. After weeks of trying every workaround, DellFarmer's answer solved my issue. (see page two of this thread!) Anyone on this thread looking for the answer that gentleman has it! Do it!

Berlin
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Moina
1 Copper

I am also having same issue. don't know what happened to Dell. Please any one help us

0 Kudos
Bulletstorm
1 Copper

You are a genius; followed your advice and it worked straight away

0 Kudos
cgmejia
1 Copper

Robert,

I'm also having issues with the Dell Assist software. It's not going past the initial "loading pc optimization tools". I tried downloading the installer again but it still stuck. I tried repairing the software and some file is missing. 

My laptop is XPS 15 9560

0 Kudos
AdgeTimick
1 Nickel

Hey @DellFarmer, will uninstalling SupportAssist via Revouninstaller cause me to lose all of the data about my system updates, crashes, etc. that is saved within SupportAssist itself? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Jaunin
1 Nickel

Hello,
I just followed your method with RevoUninstaller Pro 4.0.1.
But the installation is still not done.
The PC is a Precision T7500
Sincerely.
Denis

0 Kudos
allstarMeister
1 Copper

anyone have a solution to install supportassist on a newly formatted laptop, and get the error "error validating resources" can't install drivers without it!??
0 Kudos