Start a Conversation

Unsolved

K

1 Message

May 18th, 2018 02:00

Support Assist Not installing

I recently uninstalled support assist for a reason, Now I could not reinstall it back

I used 2 launchers which were provided by this site

When I use the "SupportAssistLauncher.exe", it shows that SupportAssist is only for PC's from Dell and Alienware

When I use the "aulauncher.exe", It downloads an update file called CSAW.exe for 5.5MB and then says Installation is completed.

Both of these did not do any changes, this happens again and again even if I restart my laptop

My Laptop Model:
Dell Inspiron 15 - 3567
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.9GHz

July 27th, 2018 00:00

Hey everybody, I had this problem also, and I finally solved it by NOT asking Dell for help.

Here's how:

1. Download and install the free trial version (full) of Revouninstaller. (Google it lol!)

2. Run it. It'll present you a big window with all your apps.

3. Find and double click the very first SupportAssist icon you see. It'll start the uninstall process by first backing up your registry and saving a 'rollback' in case the uninstall screws up your machine.

4. It'll either successfully uninstall DellSupportAssist, or say the the applications native uninstaller is not working.

5. If that's the case, use the 'Advanced' option at the lower right hand side of the screen to have Revouninstaller manually remove all registry entries, folders and leftover files from your machine. (It'll present a window that looks like registry entries and one that looks like abandoned and leftover folders, all checked).

6. Have it remove ALL of that **bleep**, then reboot the machine.

7. Run Revouninstaller and look for that 'second' SupportAssist icon - you know the one. Have Revo try to uninstall that one.

8. If it fails, choose that 'Advanced' option on the lower right again, and have Revo go after the remaining registry entries and leftover folders. Reboot.

9. Download the Dell SupportAssist installation file (if you don't already have it from the dozens of OTHER times you downloaded it in an attempt to get it to work!) and install it again from scratch.

10. It SHOULD work, but now you have to re-enter all of your profile and background info, which is mostly stuff about you, and not the machine.

11. And there you go.

Sidenote: Why Dell doesn't have their own 'nuker' or specialized uninstaller routine is beyond anybody's guess. Instead they'd rather cut & paste a tedious step-by-step, which, of course, doesn't work!

Good luck!

3 Posts

August 2nd, 2018 12:00

Still same problem, no solution. The product is installed but it need some validation that is not working.

4 Posts

August 4th, 2018 05:00

I am using version 2.0.6875.668 of Supportassist on my XPS 8900, I click to download and update to version 2.2.6992.1111 the program does not appear to download despite no problem with my internet connection, it then displays message 'install complete' but the program does not update to the latest version.

If I click to install the latest version from the Dell website I get the message 'installation canceled we encountered an error while installing support assist this maybe due to a lost internet connection.

I have tried uninstalling an reinstalling using free revo uninstaller removing traces from the registry but that does not work.

The version I have installed still works,  but I would like to be able to update to the latest version.

Hope Dell updates the program, with a proper fix soon.

2 Posts

August 9th, 2018 01:00

I have the exact same problem and unfortunately have not found a fix. 

2 Posts

August 9th, 2018 17:00

Same exact thing happening here too. Dell G7 15

2 Posts

August 9th, 2018 21:00

This solution worked on my 3647.  Nice job DellFarmer!

DellFarmer is Dell needs to come up with a uninstaller so you don't have to use a third party utility to perform a deep scrub of the registry and files.  

2 Posts

August 12th, 2018 10:00

So after trying Dellfarmer's fix, it worked for me as well. I just had to make sure I really got in there and cleared all those registry files. Hopefully there won't be problems in the future like this when trying to update SupportAssist.

4 Posts

September 3rd, 2018 07:00

SOLVED!
Thank you DellFarmer. After weeks of trying every workaround, DellFarmer's answer solved my issue. (see page two of this thread!) Anyone on this thread looking for the answer that gentleman has it! Do it!

1 Message

September 21st, 2018 13:00

I am also having same issue. don't know what happened to Dell. Please any one help us

1 Message

October 2nd, 2018 14:00

You are a genius; followed your advice and it worked straight away

3 Posts

October 5th, 2018 23:00

Robert,

I'm also having issues with the Dell Assist software. It's not going past the initial "loading pc optimization tools". I tried downloading the installer again but it still stuck. I tried repairing the software and some file is missing. 

My laptop is XPS 15 9560

October 12th, 2018 10:00

Hey @DellFarmer, will uninstalling SupportAssist via Revouninstaller cause me to lose all of the data about my system updates, crashes, etc. that is saved within SupportAssist itself? 

Thanks!

7 Posts

November 11th, 2018 11:00

Hello,
I just followed your method with RevoUninstaller Pro 4.0.1.
But the installation is still not done.
The PC is a Precision T7500
Sincerely.
Denis

November 29th, 2018 04:00

anyone have a solution to install supportassist on a newly formatted laptop, and get the error "error validating resources" can't install drivers without it!??

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

November 29th, 2018 07:00

Thank you for your message. Please uninstall all the Dell Support Assisted related applications.

Clear ALL Support Assist, SupportAssistAgent, PCDr, PC-Doctor, My Dell, Dell Support Center, Dell Data Vault folders from:

1. C:\Program Files (x86) \Dell
  2. C:\ProgramData
  3. %APPDATA%
  4. C:\Windows\Temp

Once removed, please restart the computer, complete all Windows updates & then install Support Assist from this here.

No Events found!