Talha693
1 Nickel

System Issue

Hello Team

I'm facing this issue after i've updated my bios to newer version my hard drive suddenly stops blinking and my laptop becomes too slow and everything seems to be freezed after moving or just knocking over the hard drive this thing doesnt hapen i don't what to do any solutions please ?

My Laptop Model = Dell Inspiration N4050

0 Kudos
11 Replies
ejn63
5 Rhenium

Re: System Issue

Press F12 a few times at powerup. Enter the Dell diagnostics and run an extended (NOT just quick) test on the drive - this will take at least a couple of hours.

Sounds like the hard drive is very much suspect (if it's original to the system it's at or beyond its expected design life).

0 Kudos
Talha693
1 Nickel

Sir thank you so much at first place

i will try that if i found some errors on the hard drive then i've to replace or what ?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
ejn63
5 Rhenium

If the drive trips hardware errors (2000-0142, -0146, etc.) yes - you will need a replacement drive.

0 Kudos
Talha693
1 Nickel

Here is what i get at the hard drive position sir ? can you guide me whats the best solution for it ? https://ibb.co/jgi5wU<Non-public info removed>

0 Kudos
ejn63
5 Rhenium

Nothing there in your link but the photobox website.  If you received a numeric error, post that here.

0 Kudos
Talha693
1 Nickel

0 Kudos
ejn63
5 Rhenium

Hard drive is toast - replace with a new drive.  You can use any 2.5" hard drive, hybrid drive or solid state drive - SATA and 9.5 mm or slimmer in height.

0 Kudos
Talha693
1 Nickel

Sir isnt there any way to repair it ? 

0 Kudos
ejn63
5 Rhenium

There is no way to repair a faulty hard drive - it needs to be replaced.

0 Kudos