Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

3 Posts

December 8th, 2021 08:00

The Famous Touchpad Issue with every other Dell Laptop ( Dell Inspiron 15 5510)

Let's start with the issue that I am facing :-

Issues with my laptop ( Dell Inspiron 15 5510 i3 11gen) is that I am having problems with my touchpad. Autoselects and get stuck like that (It's like when we double click to select a text, same but it gets stuck like that and single click is restricted). I am only able to move the cursor not even able to open an icon. Starts randomly while using the device and stays like that for a good 8-10 minutes or even more sometimes, NO RESTART OR POWER-OFF helps it.

Attaching a link so you all can understand the problem better, wherein two videos have been uploaded the second video is after I performed all the tasks told by the dell support service but still had the problem   https://youtube.com/channel/UCIzElANzFql7J1dR0Itz6Pw 

Lets talk about the Dell Technical Support service :-

At this point I have tried all the tasks they told me to perform starting from Hardware test, Functionality of BIOS, Updating the drivers and BIOS, Tried adjusting touchpads sensitivity, Touchpad enabled or disabled and lastly also performed a Clean boot.

I have been been in contact with the technical team for around three days now in WhatsApp (Text chatting) and all there are giving is automated replies about trying this and that again and again. At this point I have also seen many  complaints pertaining the same issue in this forum and feel like the dell support is trying to waste time so that 30 days return time clocks out or whatever I am sick of dealing with all these problems on my new laptop and I think this not me alone many are facing the same issue in dell laptops.

IF ANY OF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS OR SOLUTIONS PLEASE REPLY IN THIS COMMENT AND ALSO TELL ME IF I SHOULD RETURN IT OR REPLACE IT BECAUSE I HAVE SEEN MANY COMMENTS ABOUT HAVING THE SAME ISSUES AGAIN ON THE REPLACED DEVICES.

3 Posts

December 29th, 2021 10:00

OK GUYS JUST WANTED TO GIVE A QUICK CRISP UPDATE: 

Had a word with dell support->Wanted a replacement but didn't get one as there was no major defect in the device -> Problem was in touchpad which I found out and told them about (touchpad was sinking in a bit like when you do click, which was causing it to Autoselect )->Was told that I'll be given a touchpad replacement(on 13 December) -> They sent me a technician (arrived on 14 December) -> Changed my touchpad -> Now facing zero issues ,working as it should be, LIKE A BRAND NEW ONE.

[ JUST WANTED TO GIVE THIS UPDATE, SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING ANY SOONER.]

{I'M LAZY}

3 Posts

December 8th, 2021 09:00

Also I forgot to add a crucial detail that it was delivered to me on 1st December 2021 and this is just the 7th day of me using it and I am facing this issue since day 1.

1 Rookie

• 

95 Posts

December 8th, 2021 17:00

Hi,

Take a video of your problem. Get your phone out and take a video of you using the touchpad with both your hand and the screen in the shot. Extra points if you can get it to glitch out in the BIOS and you video it. That's pretty much a proven hardware problem. Also, I had mentioned that this problem persisted through 3 different Windows 10 and 11 installs. After only 7 days, you shouldn't have to tell them that, but definitely be persistent about getting a response. I think I ended up calling their tech support line which also helped get the ball rolling, but it may have also started with an email through their system. Once I was able to speak to them on the phone, there was surprisingly no pushback on trying to fix the problem, and by the 2nd they were scheduling a repair visit.

Keep in mind, they'll exchange your laptop for a brand new one within the first 30 days. After that, they'll exchange it with a refurbished unit, so definitely be proactive in calling them. I ended up being offered a refurbished unit, and I'm not sorry - it was in pristine brand-new condition, was fully tested, and it works perfectly. Good luck, sir!

December 29th, 2021 10:00

I had this same problem and they replaced the touch pad which is better than the previous one but the issue still there not as frequent as the previous one. And that watsapp service is the worst thing I have seen. Always a new technician comes into online and suggest us the same process of updating BIOS etc even we inform that we already went through all those. I had another problem of color shifting in videos while playing and they made me reinstall windows 10 times and updating BIOS 20 times without any solution. I just gave up and started living with the issue. Regretted not buying an Apple product and went with Dell.

4 Posts

February 4th, 2023 13:00

Open Device Manager, select "Mice and other Pointing Devices" from the list of device types. Select "HID-compliant Mouse".  Right-Click and select "Disable Device". This resolved my problem.

No Events found!