Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 3rd, 2018 17:00

There is no match for my service tag?

I just bought a new laptop which is the Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1. I ordered it on 29th Jan and it got dispatched the next day. It arrived on 31st Jan and I so tried to add my laptop to my account but it says: Products not found. There’s no match for the Service Tags that were entered. Please try again.

It also say wait 48hours for new devices to added to the system so I waited like 4days now and it still can't vaild my service tag. What's wrong with the system? why can't it detect my service tag?

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 5th, 2018 16:00

Please contact Dell Technical Support for assistance in the link below.

Contact Information | Dell US

Hopefully one of Dell reps, here on this forum, see this thread and help speed things up for you.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 4th, 2018 14:00

You register the computer? If no, please do so in the link below.

Dell Product Registration - Online Register

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 5th, 2018 08:00

Any updates Ruriko?

Support | Dell US

3 Posts

February 5th, 2018 15:00

I bought my laptop directly from dell so I don't need to register. My service tag is still invalid

October 17th, 2018 00:00

I have the same problem but I could never call them during business hour to ask for the issue. It's been 4 months and I still can't register

October 6th, 2020 20:00

I recently installed an SSD in my new Dell i5570 Laptop and did a clean install of Windows 10 from the recovery media I created from the original setup.  However now my Service Tag is locatable through the dell website but it is telling me that the Svc Tag is not recognized and will not allow me download drivers.  Please help.  This is the error message that I am getting when I log into my online Dell account and search for my product:

There is no match for that Service Tag or product ID. Please try again, auto-detect or choose from all products

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 1st, 2020 07:00

I also cannot use my service tag. My Inspiron 6400 is now quite old and it seems it has been removed from the Dell database. This makes it harder to find the right drivers etc. I have used the service tag in the past with no problem, but now all sites asking for a service tag report this as an invalid service tag. Why is this?

No Events found!