Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Y

5 Posts

April 28th, 2019 17:00

Thermal Variance

Hi Dell, I am writing this because thermal on my laptop is not good, it has a huge variance gap amongst cores and my ballistix ram can not run at 2666mhz although Crucial confirmed it can. I have experience high temperatures since normal gaming, but curious to know what actual thermal each cores. So I run a simple <5 mins Prime95 benchmark to see what happens. The result you can see in this link: https://imgur.com/BNk0r88 My Product is Dell G5 5590, I7 8750h & RTX 2060. I am confusing and feeling uneasy to keep on using my machine at this state. Perhaps someone can help me to fix this?

12 Posts

April 30th, 2019 22:00

This is a common issue with I7 8 generation processors in laptops. What I have seen and what I did is to undervolt the cpu and a little underclock and it will help with the temps to be around 80s, max 90s. You can find how to do it in youtube for these processors since there are many brands with same issues. 

5 Posts

May 5th, 2019 17:00

Hi Robert, Thank you for your time, I am aware of this issue before purchasing the product and had a certain level of concern about it, Before asking I did an intensive research. Here's what I found, Normally, 1 core will run hotter the rest up to + - 10*c because lite task and apps utilise 1 core only. That core requires most wattage. 3 cores may run hottet than other 3s because of uneven heatsink or imperfection of heatsink surface. As we can see in hwinfo I posted on Imgur, each core behaves differently (different temps) without any rules and same principle to understand. I have tried throttlestop but this is only tool to ease the pain from the fact that imperfection heatsink finish and incompetent cooling technology. Not to mention I am waiting for Dell's reply but seems to they have given a zero attention to their customer. I bought 3 Dell machine from 7757 to this lastest G5 5590. It's disappointed since the machine costs 1400 euros for the G5. If this is the customer service I get after being loyal to the brand (i'm sorry but tbh new laptop from brand L is better, I am aware of that) spent thoundsands of hard earned cash. I will look else where for my next product ;) 

No Events found!