musmas
1 Nickel

Thump sound using Realtek sound card

Hi guys,
I have an issue with the audio driver in my dell inspiron 7567. If I use the High Definition Audio driver I get the option of loudness equalization which I desperately need. However, I hear a thumping sound every couple of minutes. If I switch to the other sound driver, I don't get the audio enhancement options. Help me please as this issue has been driving me nuts. 

If I manually update my High definition audio device, I get 2 options:
1. High Definition Audio Device = thump sound from speakers every couple of minutes, Audio Enhancements
2. Realtek Audio = No thump sounds, low volume, NO Audio Enhancements

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Thump sound using Realtek sound card

Hi musmas,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Here is some information from the Dell Knowledge base you may find helpful:

How to Troubleshoot Audio or Sound Playback Issues

Additionally, some other members of the community have discussed the issue here, and seem to have found a resolution which might work for you.

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
musmas
1 Nickel

I have tried troubleshooting as well as the link you provided but the problem still persists. It has been like this since 5-6 months.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

In order to see how I can assist further, please contact me privately and include your personal information along with your computer's service tag number.  Thanks.

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos