Start a Conversation

Unsolved

V

8 Posts

January 18th, 2022 19:00

Touchpad is not working properly, freezing and stuck while working

I have purchased Dell inspiron 15 3511 laptop before 3 months ago. It is not working properly even it has 8 GB RAM. Also I am facing issue of touchpad that not working properly and stuck and freezing. Touchpad is freezing and not giving any response. When I try to operate system by using mouse, it also has same issue. Support team told only to do what they given some steps or tests. But of no use of that. The amount I have paid to buy this laptop is totally waste. After getting such bad experience I don't want to buy Dell products never ever my life. Till date I have not got solution of touchpad issue

Worst performance ever I have seen.

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

January 19th, 2022 01:00

Here is information from the Dell Knowledge base you may find helpful:

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Touchpad Usage and Troubleshooting Guide

and a short video:

How to Fix Touchpad Problems on a Laptop

You can also run Dell SupportAssist to detect any hardware issues.  Make a note of any error messages encountered and post back.  Thanks.

1 Message

June 21st, 2022 01:00

November 4th, 2022 12:00

My point in my reply was, thanks for the above tips, but none of them solve the issue. Something is wrong with the Laptop itself, or the updates that cause the issue, which explains, 1) why the first time my touchpad stopped working and then, began to work after an update, but 2) not why the touchpad stopped again, unless there is a missing update, and 3) why an external mouse does work but not the laptop's touchpad.......

November 4th, 2022 20:00

I  have had 5 touchpad failures within a year. Dell replaced my laptop with a refurbished model after waiting over 4 weeks for a second new touchpad replacement they kept backordering. The touchpad on the refurbished model failed and was replaced only a few weeks later. The 5th touchpad has just failed after three weeks and again they have backordered the replacement pad. The last technician that replaced the part told me he has many service calls for this same issue. Soon the warranty is going to run out and Dell is just running out the clock until that time. Then I will be stuck paying for more touchpad replacements. This is the worst laptop and service I have ever had (and I've had many computers).

1 Message

January 25th, 2023 10:00

it is mechanical. the touchpad on the inspiron 7420, purchased jan 2023, has intermittent frozen mouse.
i would squeeze right of pad to get it going again --which releases contact of the click mechanism.
the click mechanism is a tiny disc affixed to the logic board. it is center bottom of the pad. the design is faulty or the disc is faulty.
the touchpad is the only bad of the product, everything else about the laptop is a good bargain.

September 22nd, 2023 21:03

@vanung​ Exactly where do you click?

This is my last Dell laptop. They know they have an issue. They don't fix it properly. 

I bought a cheapo laptop that at least works. I had to do that because I made the mistake of buying a Dell.

November 30th, 2023 06:41

I purchased the Inspiron 15 3000, and after just one month, the touchpad began causing significant issues. It became apparent that this touchpad issue is widespread among Dell laptop users. Regrettably, this experience has led me to conclude that this will be my last Dell laptop. I made a substantial mistake by choosing a Dell product

1 Message

December 13th, 2023 02:47

I have been experiencing this very same touch pad problem, without a fix. I strongly feel that these laptops are not in good quality.

January 17th, 2024 00:18

Same issue here, my fiancee's Vostro 15 3515 had intermittent touchpad issues from the outset.  A touchpad firmware update seemed to settle it, but one month out of warranty it's just locked up again.
Symptoms:-

• Can click, can navigate, cannot click-and-drag (e.g. cannot drag the corner of a window).
  • Repeated attempts to click and drag will crash the touchpad, but not its buttons. You can click, but you can't move.
  • Prior to crashing, movement may get jerky as though your finger isn't reliably contacting the touchpad.
  • A mouse, plugged into the laptop, is not affected.
  • Putting the laptop to sleep by closing the lid, then waking it up (effectively power-cycling the touchpad) reactivates it.

As an aside the laptop also seems to run hot, as the fan is noticeably noisy, ALL the time. It only shuts up when it's sleeping.
It's just as well she wants to keep the laptop, as with a defective touchpad its resale value is zero.

(edited)

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

February 28th, 2024 20:43

Add me to the list of people with a stuckj trackpad. Concerning that Dell is not addressing this seemingly widespread issue

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

April 9th, 2024 22:59

Found a semi work around. I used my physical mouse for a minute and the trackpad mouse began to work properly again. Hope that helps.

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

April 17th, 2024 06:59

I have an Inspiron 7420 with touchscreen. Mouse just hangs intermittently and is very frustrating! Not expected from a Dell Product.

Moreover, even the support assist doesnt work most of the times.

No Events found!