Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 14th, 2022 10:00

Touchpad issure

I had same touchpad issues and had Dell tech come on site with a replacement touchpad. No difference.

HOWEVER - I had some driver issues with my network Optiplex PC and so updated all their bios and drivers.

While i was at it I did the same for my Inspiron 7610 and have not had any touchpad problems since!

Note - in the drivers download there is an Intel touchpad/mouse driver which may have been what did the trick. 

I currently have another service call scheduled to replace the touchpad but I'm going to cancel. Working fine now.

UPDATE ALL YOUR DRIVERS INCLUDING BIOS!

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

September 14th, 2022 23:00

Please try this steps:

1) Testing the Touchpad inside BIOS

a) Restart your computer and when Dell logo appears, tap the F2 key repeatedly

b) Once inside BIOS, move the pointer or click the buttons to test the touchpad.

If the touchpad is not responding inside the BIOS > Possible solution: Replace the touchpad.

If the touchpad is responding, proceed to the next steps.

2) Ensuring the Touchpad is Enabled on Your Computer

a) Go to Start > Settings > Touchpad and turn 'Touchpad' ON. The switch turns blue when it is ON

b) If the Touchpad is already ON, switch it OFF and then switch it back ON again

c) Ensure the box is checked next to 'Leave touchpad on when mouse is connected

4 Posts

February 4th, 2023 13:00

Open Device Manager, select "Mice and other Pointing Devices" from the list of device types. Select "HID-compliant Mouse".  Right-Click and select "Disable Device". This resolved my problem.

No Events found!