Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

3 Posts

March 26th, 2019 16:00

Two months without solving issue

I have been calling Dell Premium Tech Support multiple times over the past two months. They have been apologizing over and over, running tests and even sending a technician to my house. All of them acknowledged the issue and are still unable to solve it. I sent the unit to Tech Support twice and they sent it back without fixing the issue. I believe that this service keeps stalling and makes you waste your time hoping to make you desist and keep a defective unit. I paid for this "premium" service and they don´t fulfil their obligations. 

I cannot use the laptop properly because every time it goes to "Sleep Mode" or the screen goes black I cannot "Wake it up" again. I have to push the power button for five seconds and turn it off and on again. Therefore, I loose the documents I was working on.

5.6K Posts

March 26th, 2019 17:00

@cuderp wrote:

I have been calling Dell Premium Tech Support multiple times over the past two months. They have been apologizing over and over, running tests and even sending a technician to my house. All of them acknowledged the issue and are still unable to solve it. I sent the unit to Tech Support twice and they sent it back without fixing the issue. I believe that this service keeps stalling and makes you waste your time hoping to make you desist and keep a defective unit. I paid for this "premium" service and they don´t fulfil their obligations. 

I cannot use the laptop properly because every time it goes to "Sleep Mode" or the screen goes black I cannot "Wake it up" again. I have to push the power button for five seconds and turn it off and on again. Therefore, I loose the documents I was working on.

Wouldn't it be easier to just not put it to sleep?

Or you can continue banging your head against the wall.

Dell won't refund you the money past 30 days.

Those are your choices.

5.6K Posts

I guess you'll have to continue to deal with them.

Yet one more reason I don't buy Inspirons. 

3 Posts

Obviously, that was the first thing I did. It still happens whenever the screen goes black. Anyhow, it is an important option. I didn´t buy a laptop "without" sleep mode option. This is happening since I sent it to Tech Support and they replaced the screen for a different issue.

293 Posts

March 27th, 2019 13:00

How long have you had the machine.  Did you start having problems when doing some "Recommended Driver updates.?  Doing any Bios driver updates from the original set up can cause numerous issues.  If done Bios driver updating, see if you can go back and reinstall.  Good Luck.  Mostly any  "Recommended Updates," are fixes.  Computer running just fine, don't fix it.    

22 Posts

March 29th, 2019 13:00

I had a similar problem with an Inspiron 15 7559, at first I disabled the screen going off because I thought it was a software issue.

But then one day I noticed that if I closed the lid, turned the laptop upside down and pushed on the base and then turned it the right way up and opened the lid then it would come on.

It also started refusing to turn on, the power light would flash three times until I performed the same procedure of turning it upside down and pushing the bottom etc.

After an onsite visit didn't fix it (they replaced the screen) and then sending the laptop away, a decision was made that it was beyond economic repair.

I miss the subwoofer in that laptop :/

No Events found!