Highlighted
1 Copper

Using Multi core

I have a Dell inspiron 3580 with 4GB Ram ,dual core Proccessor and it very slow. It was slow from the day I bought it and this is the 2nd ispiron that is too slow and freezing when opening softwares. I have checked the configurations and it uses only 1 core ,I than tried to use both 2 cores and the performance was wow, super fast.. I than disabled the second core and I want to know that is it good or bad to use all 2 cores in my PC ?  I have tried all options to boost my system perfomance but with no Luck,it take time to load recording studio softwares and video editing.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
4 Beryllium

Re: Using Multi core

Well with only 4 GB RAM heavy programs like Video editing etc. take a lot of power  Your CPU should be running as many cores as it has all the time. This is automatic. If you have installed some software that lets you just your CPU your on your own.

An SSD would be them most upgrade you could consider this will make your system much faster. Upgrading your RAM to at least 8 GB will help some but not noticeable like an SSD will.

Your I3 CPU is going to be slow with Video editing, Video editing is slow with an I7 8 Core CPU. Your best bet is to get an SSD for your OS and working drive.

Inspiron 13 7000 Series 2-in-1 -7386
16GB RAM
Samxung 970 Evo 1TB SSD 2nd SSD 512 GB Hynix

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

My PC is very slow without even opening any heavy programes, even if I reset it still it is slow. It was slow from  the start but with both 2 cores enabled it vry fast15935592566339207820268127023741.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thank you for sharing that with us Linda. Would it be possible to run this guide?  Perhaps a CleanBoot will help your computer to lower the stress on the CPU. 

DELL-Cares
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Yes I would and I have increase my  Virtual memory and the performance is better now

0 Kudos
Highlighted

That's great! That is indeed a great improvement. Has the computer been behaving since the redundant programs have been stopped?

DELL-Cares
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 Beryllium

I would run as many cores as you can.

Inspiron 13 7000 Series 2-in-1 -7386
16GB RAM
Samxung 970 Evo 1TB SSD 2nd SSD 512 GB Hynix

0 Kudos