Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

2 Posts

June 12th, 2022 01:00

Want to know my genuine Product Key

Hii

This is Atharv. I had bought a Dell Laptop which was preinstalled with windows 8. Recently I have to change my HDD, so, I sent it to a repair store. The man in the store installed a pirated windows 10 on the new hard drive and activated using a pirated product key. Now, I want to know my genuine Product Key so that I can install a genuine windows. Please help me in this matter.

Can you please tell me how I can get my original genuine product key? Or suggest some methods to install genuine windows again on my laptop.

• 

25.1K Posts

June 12th, 2022 01:00

Hello, we see you are looking for assistance. If you need our help, you could start a direct message with us and we will be happy to assist you.

2 Intern

• 

20.1K Posts

June 12th, 2022 08:00

You can do a clean install of Windows 10 but might have to buy a new license activation key -- not a product key. 

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

June 12th, 2022 12:00

Couldn't I retrieve my original license which I got during purchase? Please help.

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

June 12th, 2022 12:00

Possibly but @Mary G may be spot on. This MS forum has some information on retrieving the key but if it does not work then you may have to purchase another key again and clean install.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

June 13th, 2022 07:00

Windows 10 installation media (created by the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool) will automatically input the Windows 8.x OEM product key embedded in your systems UEFI BIOS during installation.

No Events found!