Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

1 Message

June 22nd, 2018 08:00

White blinking circle, page resizes and jumps, cursor moves

My Inspiron notebook is about 1 1/2 years old.  I now have a problem that seems to occur randomly.  A white blinking circle appears on the top right of the screen, along with the page and cursor jumping/flickering, and changing the size of the page (back and forth) on it's own.  It does not do this all the time, but usually after a few minutes of use.  When it does this, the page jumps/flickering/resizing/cursor movements make the unit unusable.  I have to put computer to sleep, then start up and again and hope it's OK.

I have:

1,  Performed a virus scan

2.  Updated all drivers

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• 

16.7K Posts

June 22nd, 2018 08:00

TAMU77,

There is a feature in Windows 10 that had first been introduced in Windows 7 or 8 that has had additional functionality added to it in Windows 10, called Snap, that may be causing things to act differently than what you have become used to in the past. By default the settings are enabled in Windows 10. You can change these settings at All Settings>System>Multitasking>then using the on-off buttons.

Disable the snap feature on Windows 10
To turn off the snap feature just do the following.

1. Navigate to Settings, System and then Multitasking.
2. Adjust the settings in the Snap window as you see fit. Disable them all to turn off all snap features.
3. Close Settings.

No Events found!