Highlighted
Desperate4help
1 Copper

Wifi issues with dell Inspiron 15 7000

Hi guys, I am having major problems with my laptop's internet - namely being able to connect to the Wifi and holding Wifi connection once connected. My laptop is a - dell Inspiron 15 7000. Sometimes I can connect and have no issues for hours, sometimes I will connect for a couple of minutes and then it disappears and most of the time I can't connect at all.

When I go into device manager under network adaptors - "Intel(R) Dual Brand Wireless-AC 3165" it is not 100% of the time always there - sometimes it appears, sometimes it doesn't (not linked to when i try to delete and reinstall), not sure if that's a clue on the situation... infact i've just checked this again internet keeps dropping out > wireless adaptor disappears from network adaptors list > reappears and then I can connect again. Oh and sometimes I get a yellow triangle on the Dual Band Wireless driver (like right now i've got it) but other times I don't have it. I've now deleted this, reinstalled and its been reloaded + the yellow triangle has now gone but the issue is still the same. Also when I don't have the yellow triangle on this for some reason it won't let me uninstall - just has the loading bar for ages and ages and nothing happens + can't cancel it, only way to stop it is to use task manager. Edit: Yellow triangle now back, when i open it up it says "This device cannot start - (Code 10). (Operation failed) The requested operation was unsuccessful. "

Before someone asks/suggests, i've already done the following:

- Deleting all history/cookies etc.

- Trying to update driver

- Trying to delete driver + reinstall

- "Turning it off and on again"!

- Turned off bluetooth

- Changing power management for Wireless to have tickbox for "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" (also did this with something else but can't remember off the top of my head)

- Going into battery settings and changing Wireless adaptor power settings to maximum performance

- Going into battery settings and changing PCI Express (Link State Power Management) to Off on battery and off for plugged in mode

It's at the point now where I can't reliably use the computer unless with a wired connection which makes the whole point of owning a portable computer redundant. Any advice/info appreciated - I am tearing my hair out over this and don't know how to solve the issue...

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JOcean
4 Ruthenium

Re: Wifi issues with dell Inspiron 15 7000

Just to confirm, you unchecked the box for power management correct? Have you run system diagnostics, as I did not see that in the list of thing you have tried? If not then restart the system and at the Dell splash screen start tapping F12. Run full system diagnostics. Either you have a corrupt driver, or the Registry has entries that are corrupt, or you are having hardware problems with the actual NIC itself. And as for the model, would that be the 7559? And is the system still under warranty?

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
-A user helping other users
-If you like an answer please click on thumbs up
-If a reply is a solution to your problem please click on Accept as Solution
Gaming on a home built ASUS B450-F Gaming with Ryzen 5 2600X
Real work on an Inspiron 15 5575
0 Kudos
Saltgrass
4 Germanium

If the device is disappearing from the Device Manager, that will usually mean the system cannot see it, whether because the device is failing or perhaps a bad connection with the slot. When it disappears, do you see another unknown device in Device Manger?

Have you checked the hidden devices in Device Manger to see if it still shows but greyed out? If you can see it in the device manager, you might open the properties and check the Events tab to see what type of entries are being made over the time period. You can scroll down the window and select the entry you want to see the description for.

My 7567 came with a 3165 but I changed it out so I cannot say if current Windows 10 is having any problems with it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos
graham936
1 Nickel

I am having a similar issue. Only difference is that I notice wireless disappears only after I close the lid (sleep) and reawaken it. Only way to get back wireless is through a clean shutdown. Awful issue...

0 Kudos
Zcarcath
1 Copper

Are you still having this issue?

I am having this issue currently and am curious as if you ever resolved it. If so, how?

0 Kudos
Tony3165
1 Copper

I am having the same issue. I am *very* frustrated and disappointing with Dell. Wifi cuts out, unless I am in the same room with the router. Other laptops and smartphones in the house have much better range. I updated the driver. I talked to hardware support and we run diags. Everything seems fine. So they told me that I have to pay an extra $250 to get the software support.  They claim it is a software issue .

Two questions come to mind

1. How can this be a software issue and

2. Shouldn't Dell stand behind and fix an obvious manufacturing defect ? There should be a recall on this.

Some people had experienced disconnected antenna on the wifi module.. Could it be that ?

I bought the laptop 2 months ago. 

0 Kudos
nyc10036
3 Zinc

@Tony3165 wrote:

I am having the same issue. I am *very* frustrated and disappointing with Dell. Wifi cuts out, unless I am in the same room with the router. Other laptops and smartphones in the house have much better range. I updated the driver. I talked to hardware support and we run diags. Everything seems fine. So they told me that I have to pay an extra $250 to get the software support.  They claim it is a software issue .

Two questions come to mind

1. How can this be a software issue and

2. Shouldn't Dell stand behind and fix an obvious manufacturing defect ? There should be a recall on this.

Some people had experienced disconnected antenna on the wifi module.. Could it be that ?

I bought the laptop 2 months ago. 

Did you bother updating the firmware on your router?????

0 Kudos