Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

5 Posts

July 28th, 2019 16:00

Windows 10 isn't fully activated on my new Dell inspiron 5570

So guys I bought my first ever laptop from Lahore in Pakistan, the model is 5570, I questioned the shopkeeper about the activation of windows and he said it will be linked to your account, It was my first ever laptop and I have recently bought it, when I got home and checked the activation status it said that "the windows is activated using your organizations activation service" I didn't know what it meant I tried to link it to my account but all in vain, I also tried the wmic command but the product key wasn't visible and upon searching the internet I have came across learning a new term "kms"... I gave a call to the shopkeeper he said we active windows with our account and if you want a re-installation you'll need to pay help me guys I am sooo confused! Has I been betrayed by the shopkeeper? Does this laptop comes with pre installed windows? where's the oem key?

anyway to report him ?

5.6K Posts

The shopkeeper lied to you.

All you had to do was turn on the laptop at the store. If Windows 10 does not show as activated there at the store then the laptop does not have a genuine Windows 10 key.

It is that simple!

At this point you have to pay for a Windows 10 key from Microsoft.

5.6K Posts

July 28th, 2019 19:00

Don't know.

This forum is for user-to-user support for U S A.

This forum is not for official business contact Dell anyway.

No Events found!