Shoun0305
1 Copper

audio renderer error

i am getting audio renderer error while playing youtube videos ,when this error occurs the laptop doesn't makes any sound even the sound level is hundred. it tells to restart the laptop. It fixes temporarily but after some 10-15 min occurs again pls give the solution
Labels (1)
14 Replies

Re: audio renderer error

Shoun0305,

Click the link below for resolving the audio renderer error.

Fix: Audio Renderer Error in YouTube on Windows 10

For my notes, click my username and send me the pc service tag number via private message.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Where do I find my Dell PC Service Tag or Express service code?
Where do I post SA (SupportAssist) issue/questions?
0 Kudos
AskMP
1 Nickel

How do I give negative kudos? This is not a solution. This issue happens nearly every day to me and everywhere I look I see "simply restart the machine". Yes. restarting the machine, or re-installing the drivers (which requires rebooting) corrects it but that is not a proper solution.

Here's a little more details for you which I haven't seen anybody else post:

- Open sound settings
- Right Click on the device not working
- Select "Test" from the list
- A popup will appear stating that the device is being used by another application
- Close that new pop up
- Right click on the device not working and select "Properties"
- Confirm under the advanced tab that the "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" is disabled.
- Apply and re-attempt test
- STILL GET THAT MESSAGE AND THE ISSUE CONTINUES!

Telling somebody to  simply re-install the drivers results in a reboot. Something which resolves the issue with a band-aid. The problem is persistent and sporadic. Either the existing (multi-version) drivers available have an issue which is not being resolved or, like I assume, there is really no reason for Dell to find a solution to the issue when most of it's users will simply reboot any time it happens.

Highlighted

Shoun0305,

What computer model do you have? Have you updated the bios? 

For my notes, click my username and send me the pc service tag number via private message.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Where do I find my Dell PC Service Tag or Express service code?
Where do I post SA (SupportAssist) issue/questions?
0 Kudos
dpowpow
1 Nickel

I have been suffering from this same error for at least four months now. The amount of people I have seen post about this online and yet there is no solution from Dell is astounding. At this point these laptops should just be recalled. It's a devastating error that makes this computer practically unusable.

Hi AskMP, I have the same issue with my Dell Latitude e5450 (Windows 8.1) and using a workaround.

It doesn't fix the issue itself unfortunately. And I agree, the way Dell manages bug reports and troubleshooting is very annoying.

So, I've created a file named AudioServicesRestart.bat and placed a shortcut on the desktop:

@echo off
net stop "Windows Audio"
net start "Windows Audio"

I don't have the audio issue too often, so it kind of works for me.

BPhife
1 Copper

dpowpow hey I read your post obviously because I got the same error as you had/have. Let me say I appreciated your posts ... with that said from your post I was able to tinker a bit with the audio settings ...  I was able to restore my audio without restarting my laptop as suggested when I first got the error message. 

how do I know??

- The failed test(s) -- now pass, I hear the audio test tone 

- YouTube sound is back 

However, since this just happened to me and I just performed your troubleshooting steps its possible this is the "temp/band-aid" fix you were referring too. But just in case you didn't do the method I stumbled upon try this: 

- (for the sake of time and extra writing) - Refer to your steps and get to the advance tab for [Manage audio devices] 

- right click on the non-working device [mine was the "realtek Audio default device"] -- test if you like (but should fail if problem is current)

- On the right click menu select "properties" -- should bring you to the "General" tab 

- At the bottom just before the ok / close / apply buttons -- you should see a drop down menu "Device Usage" 

- I selected disabled -- apply -- the device was now disabled -- (test if you feel the need to -- i did not)

- repeated the steps above -- to get back to the drop down menu "Device Usage" this time to -- enable the device

- retest the device to see if the failed test happens again. At this point I restored sound -- hopefully you will too 

hope this helps you and others ---- or it's possible I'm at the beginning stage of my temporary situation just as the rest of the posters --- I'll update if I have the issue again! Cheers!

0 Kudos
anttisum
1 Copper

Our company is using Dell XPS13 9370....but lets see for how long, it is ridiculous that this obvious bug has not been fixed.

Drivers and BIOS are latest and greatest and I still see this issue a few times a day...

Arthur1984
1 Copper

I have the same issue on my Dell XPS Laptop about a year and it's very annoying to get the same error so frequently, I didn't pay so much money for this. I have tried almost everything but nothing helps.
Arthur1984
1 Copper

Bios is fully up to date. Drivers are fully up to date.

I know about restarting the PC fixing the issue but that is NOT a fix.

Get with it DELL!!!

The first step in getting a solution is admitting there is a problem.