Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

3 Posts

December 8th, 2018 11:00

black screen after some modification in bios

black screen after some modification in bios.

I have a inspiron 3521 laptop. when I disable intel speed and Intel Virtualization in the BIOS, the PC stops to boot, not even getting the BIOS splash screen (the LED and the fan work normaly in first). I then have to do a CMOS reset (1 minute on power button also after plug out power AC and battery) but this didn t work. someone has an idea what else I could try? or at least how to figure out what fails?

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

December 8th, 2018 13:00

Did you try to reset the BIOS by pulling out the CMOS (coin cell) battery? Leave it out for at least 15 minutes (Intel recommends 30). Then reinsert the battery and try again.

And disabling Intel Virtualization does not improve system performance. Enabling virtualization in the BIOS just means that the processor is capable of using those instructions. If you have no virtualization software running, your system will never use those instructions and there is no performance degradation.

3 Posts

December 8th, 2018 22:00

Yes, i did that but nothing happen.

4 Posts

December 18th, 2018 04:00

Hi! Have you solved your problem?
I have the same. :(

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

December 18th, 2018 07:00

Thank you for your message. Are you able to get into the BIOS screen? What are the changes you made in BIOS?

What is the status of the power button light when you start the computer? Does the light blink amber or white?

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it?

3 Posts

November 5th, 2019 02:00

Yes, I solved it, The problem was with the BIOS so I fash it. And this work Well. But before flashing the BIOS Make Sure That the Problem of black screen isn't with the secreen.

1 Message

March 20th, 2020 06:00

How did you flash bios on black screen help please. 

No Events found!