Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 12th, 2020 03:00

broken hinges dell G3 3590

I have just 6 month old G3 laptop and its hinges just got broken.

aftet that i started to search about it then i found that lots of G3 customer facing same issue.

I have raised a service request and waiting for a repair.

17 Posts

May 12th, 2020 13:00

OK so I don't see a way to delete messages so I need to update what I have said.  After a chat with Dell Cares the hinge will be fixed under warranty but I have to ship it.  So thank you Dell for agreeing to repair the hinge.

17 Posts

May 12th, 2020 10:00

This has just started to happen to me.  Left side of the screen has popped out.  Laptop was purchased in August but I did not start to use it until February so this happened with only 3 months of actual usage.

I did a chat with technical support and was told that this is not covered under warranty and that I will have to buy the parts and ship it for Depot repair.  Well I've seen horror stories about the Depot so I'm reluctant to do that.  And besides I'm going  to guess that between cost of parts and shipping charges I'm probably better off putting those costs toward a new laptop.

There are several complaints including a 50 post locked thread about problems with the G3 hinge assembly and that it is possibly defective.  I've had many Dells through the years and up until now it is the only brand that I purchased because every one has had great specs for a reasonable price and given great service.  

So shame on Dell for not helping with the problem. I have purchased my last Dell product.

No Events found!