Highlighted
JamalS
1 Nickel

college student that needs help

So I was just gifted a new laptop, a Dell Inspiron 2-in-1 13-7375 and they also gave me a Wacom bamboo ink stylus. But it won't work. I have updated windows and everything and even tried changing the mode of the pen. The laptop is running Windows 10 (1709, Build 16299.192). All help is much appreciated! Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
8 Krypton

Re: college student that needs help

This model has a touchscreen - it's not compatible with an active pen such as the Wacom (or Dell's Active Stylus).

If you want to use a pressure-sensitive pen, you'll need a different system - make sure the "pen compatible" icon appears for the model you want, and that it arrives with the same sticker on it.

0 Kudos
JamalS
1 Nickel

Thank you. Would something like a "Capacitive Stylus Touch Screen Pen" work on this 2-in-1 then or like a normal touch screen pen?

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Yes, one of those will work - just realize these are limited in functionality.  They'll do everything your finger can - but nothing it cannot do.

If you're looking at writing extensively on the screen, sketching and drawing - this is the wrong system for that.  These are available - they'll start nearer $1,000 than the price that was paid for this one (which was a few hundred cheaper).

0 Kudos
JamalS
1 Nickel

This is for college so I only need quick notes so I would prefer any stick lol, so something like this https://goo.gl/cZxSXA (Walmart Product) will work?

0 Kudos
lelto
1 Copper

I had a similar bug but after updating drivers the error disappeared. But that's not the only problem for college students. I myself struggle with some writing home tasks. I found a review in one writing service <Non-public info removed> recently. I hope it'll help me with it.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

That should work fine. Anything that works on a smartphone/tablet (capacitive) should work on your computer screen. 👍
0 Kudos