Noky
1 Copper

dell 7577 gtx1060 error 43 in device manager

Hi,

Аfter 5 minutes of play Contagion VR, the entire image in Acer Headset became yellow. After that i got BSOD with nvlddmkm.sys failed. When i restart i lost 1060 with error 43 in device manager.

I have loaded all up to date drivers, make factory reset, reset BIOS and still I get the same message.

Is it hardware or software issue?

Windows 1709,Bios 1.2

I bought the laptop 2-3 ago in the us but now am in the Russia. I have since applied to change the warranty over to the Russia.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: dell 7577 gtx1060 error 43 in device manager

Noky,

Remove the Acer Headset.

Perform a clean driver delete in safe mode, then boot in normal mode and install the nvidia drivers. This is a driver issue or a damaged gpu.

Graphics device driver error code 43
Applies to: Windows 10
Windows stopped your device because it reported problems. To fix it, try the following:

Select the Start  button, then in the search box next to Start, type device manager and select Device Manager from the list of results.
Find the problematic device in the list (it will often have a yellow exclamation point icon next to it).
Press and hold (or right-click) the name of the device, and select Properties. In Properties, select the Driver tab, select Roll Back Driver, then follow the steps. If the button is unavailable, that means there's no driver to roll back to.
Select Uninstall device and then select Uninstall.
At the top of the list of devices in Device Manager, press and hold (or right-click) the name of your PC, then select Scan for hardware changes. This reinstalls the device driver.
To see if this fixed the problem, press and hold (or right-click) the name of the device again and select Properties. On the General tab, under Device status, you should see This device is working properly.

Try the steps below if the above does not resolve the error

Solution

Re-install the video driver once again from the Dell Drivers and Downloads site and then perform the following steps

1.Follow the path C:\Windows\System32\Drivers & locate the file with the name nvlddmkm.sys

2. Right click to Rename it as nvlddmkm.sys.old
Rename the XPS 9550 or Precision 5510 video driver   
3. If you see this notification, just press OK to continue
Confirming change of XPS 9550 or Precision 5510 video driver name

4. Then go to NVIDIA directory (usually in C:\Nvidia or C:\drvvganVidia) and find the file nvlddmkm.sy_. Or you can just type the name into the search box. Copy this file and Paste it to your Desktop or C:\\ drive.

NVidia directory on XPS 9550 or Precision 5510  

5. Press Windows key and X at the same time, then choose Command Prompt (Admin)
Command Prompt on XPS 9550 or Precision 5510

6. In Command Prompt window, type the instruction  "cd.. " then "cd.." again, then type in the command: expand.exe nvlddmkm.sy_ nvlddmkm.sys

7. Hit Enter
Cmd Prompt Instructions on XPS 9550 or Precision 5510

8. Go to C:\ drive again and copy the newly created file nvlddmkm.sys
Copy new video driver file on XPS 9550 or Precision 5510

9. Then paste into the C:\Windows\System32\Drivers folder
Paste new video driver file on XPS 9550 or Precision 5510

In case, the nvlddmkm.sys file is not found under C:\Windows\System32\Drivers, follow the steps below to copy the file to the desired location.
  1. Browse to C:\ProgramFiles\Nvidia Corporation & search for nvlddmkm.sy_ . Copy the file & paste it to C: Drive
  2. Open Command Prompt & select C:\ ( Type the instruction  "cd.. " then "cd.." again )
  3. Type “expand.exe nvlddmkm.sy_ nvlddmkm.sys”
  4. Copy the nvlddmkm.sys file which will be created on the C Drive
  5. Paste the File to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers & restart the system
  6. If you still experience a flickering issue please also re-install your graphics card driver from the Dell Drivers and Downloads site.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Where do I find my Dell PC Service Tag or Express service code?
Where do I post SA (SupportAssist) issue/questions?
0 Kudos
Noky
1 Copper

Thank You. In Safe Mode, I removed all video drivers with DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller), and installed the drivers from the Dell Web site in normal mode. This did not help.Still error code 43 in device manager.

0 Kudos

Noky,

You will need to contact Dell Support at 1-800-624-9896 and have the card replaced, if you are within the warranty.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Where do I find my Dell PC Service Tag or Express service code?
Where do I post SA (SupportAssist) issue/questions?
0 Kudos