google9001
1 Copper

dell inspiron n5050 Battery and wi-fi

So my dell laptop's battery is stuck at 0% charge and I'll have it plugged in overnight but in the morning it will still be at 0% charge so is it a bad battery?  I cannot connect to the internet and wi-fi status ipv4 and ipv6 have no access and I'm wondering can a bad battery cause it?  it is Windows 10

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: dell inspiron n5050 Battery and wi-fi

google9001,

The system is from 2011. Chances are the battery will need to be replaced. You can run the diags on the battery by following the information below. The system needs Windows 10 drivers for the hardware to work properly and that also includes the network settings. Unfortunately, Dell does not have any Windows 10 drivers for this computer.

ePSA

The updated content for ePSA is now available as a separate module.

New features

• Graphical User Interface.
  • Automatic Default Operation- runs test on all devices, allowing a user to interrupt and select any device.
  • Checks the Master Boot Record for readiness to boot into a full OS environment.
  • Notebook panel test (notebooks only)
  • Video memory test
  • Battery test (notebooks only)
  • Charger test (notebooks only)
  • Fan test
  • Event log scan
  • Multiprocessor cache test
  • Configuration - displaying cable connectivity and Bluetooth, WLAN, WWAN devices installation status.
  • System Health - displaying fan, battery, thermal, connectivity indicators

Launching ePSA

• Tap F12 during startup
  • Select Diagnostics.

Testing Devices using ePSA

• The ePSA starts running the quick test without waiting for user input.
  • To select a specific device to test, users can tap the Esc key.
A NOTE indicates important information that helps you make better use of your computer. NOTE: The Touchpad/Mouse will be non–functional when the test is in progress. This is as per design.
0 Kudos