Start a Conversation

Unsolved

GN

8 Posts

August 10th, 2020 04:00

Inspiron G3 15 3590, frustrated with Dell India escalations team

hello, it is going to be a long read so i request you to kindly bear with me. kindly spare some of your valuable time to go through all the telephonic and email conversations between us and service_escalations@dell.com + technical_support@dell.com to know the entire case history (corresponding to all service request numbers, so far) pertaining my laptop's service tag. i am thoroughly frustrated. i want to escalate my issue to DELL USA support team (not DELL INDIA support team). in the past, i had a good experience with DELL USA support who are customer-friendly from what i have known from my last interaction. i am banking on DELL USA support to please do the needful to solve my problem in the best way possible. many thanks in advance.

I live in India. Through my friend in the USA, i bought a DELL G3 3590 gaming laptop (along with premium support) in the USA. i was dissatisfied with the security software 1 year subscription that came bundled with the laptop (for which i had paid around 32 USD). i contacted DELL USA support and though the agent initially said that they cant refund the money, he was very courteous and understood my problem and quickly contacted his senior and refunded me the cost of the antivirus suite and cancelled my subscription, like i had requested for. this is an example of good support to the customer by DELL USA. i was very much satisfied by DELL USA support team.

but from the day 1 of receiving my laptop, it had multiple issues:

1 even when sleep is set to never, the laptop goes to sleep after sometime.

2 turns off instead of hibernating or shut down after 3% battery

3 wifi adapter not working in 'safe mode with networking'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 overheating [GPU temperature >80C and CPU temperature >99C (when playing games or when subjected to testing)]

5 when i put the laptop to hibernate, it goes into hibernation, but sometimes powers on automatically after sometime; and sometimes follows with hibernation on its own

6 when i put the laptop to hibernate (with lots of tabs open in chrome), it goes into hibernation, but sometimes could not retain hibernation data when it resumes, instead BSOD occurs. this problem does not happen everytime, but

7 computer hangs randomly for 30 seconds sometimes

8 low battery health due to the overheating problems

other issues:

9 supportassist-os-recovery cannot restore from local-recovery-image (i need link to download DELL factory recovery image from DELL)

10,11 alienware command center doesnt retain cooling policy settings, power policy settings

12 www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/709723/new-laptop-infected-mouse-pointer-alternates-betn-normal-and-working/
as can be seen in the above link, the mouse pointer alternates between 'normal' and 'busy in background' continuously because nahimicsvc32.exe crashes and continuously creates dumps. to avoid this, i have disabled nahimicsvc32.exe for the time-being

13 DELL powermanager doesn't retain cooling policy settings after reboot

14 cannot install new version of AlienwareCommandCenter.exe from DELL.com

15 DELL supportassist cannot be detected by DELL.com

16 some executable setup.exe wont run even when elevated

i thought of returning the laptop but since it was bought in the USA and my friend delivered it to me after one month, i could not do so. so immediately i contacted DELL-India support team through phone and explained them about these. they said that since i have premium support, they will offer assistance through the phone + internet and solve ALL the problems. let me tell you an example. the first support agent who assisted me (ms. prity ojha) told me that she has been using computers for over 19 years and that there is no extra security in using a standard account in windows, over administrator account and that she and DELL recommends using an administrative account even for daily activities over a standard account (contradictory to what microsoft and everyone in the computing community recommend). daily i used to wait for 2 hours for their call, because they would not tell the exact time at which they would call (only an approximate time in a 2 hour time slot). and in case i could not attend their phone call on a rare day, they would blame me. on one particular day, i did not receive any phone call, but her supervisor (mr.md amir abdi) said that he called me but could not reach me, due to network problems (how am i responsible for that?). and he was harsh to me on a particular day - he told me that there is nothing wrong with the laptop and asked me to use the laptop as such. hence i wrote to DELL india escalations team.

the case was handed over to mr.mukesh kumar of DELL india escalations team. he was considerate, courteous and understanding. but 6 months of remote sessions passed like this, but they were not able to identify the cause of any problem. and mr.mukesh convinced me that issue 3 was normal. and i had erased the SSD 3-4 times for re-installing windows, as per their 'suggestion'. then they transferred the case to mr.vijay dahiya of DELL india escalations team. he is the exact opposite of mr.mukesh. he even erased my factory recovery partition using DISKPART CLEAN command, and when i asked why, he said that he wont proceed further without that. and they kept changing the case between mr.mukesh and mr.vijay. many months have passed like this, and i could not use the laptop for the purpose for which i bought the laptop, for all these time; i could not install anything or use the laptop for routine purposes because of fear of losing my data every time i re-installed windows; i wasted all those months of time and energy in troubleshooting after troubleshooting. in this whole process, the case changed hands between many different people.

i got fed up and i said i wanted to take the laptop to the service center since direct access to the machine had better possibility of diagnosing the causes, compared to remote diagnosis. but they kept saying that it is not necessary and that they did not want to subject premium-support-customers to such inconvenience. and one day they concluded that replacing the heat-sink + 2 fans will solve the overheating issue and replacing the graphics card (which was part of the motherboard) would solve all the other hardware problems. and they said that the parts used would not be new but refurbished only.

to anyone reading this, please imagine this situation: you go to a shop to buy a machine and you buy it for the full price and upon operating it at home that night, find it to be defective. you ask the shop-owner the next day and he says he will give a refurbished machine instead of the faulty machine. wont you feel cheated? the same analogy is happening here. my brand new laptop is having so many problems and they are saying that they will use refurbished parts to rectify them? is this good ethics?

they were not ready to do give new parts. i had to argue with them a lot to get approval for new parts instead of the refurbished ones, they suggested they will replace with. i had to re-iterate many times that the laptop was bought in september 2019 and that these problems are there from the day 1 (from the moment i received the laptop) and i immediately notified the same to DELL support. from that day, DELL has been dragging on these issues - (if i were looking for a laptop with refurbished parts, i would have easily bought a refurbished laptop, for a much, much, LOWER PRICE. atleast it would have saved me from all the frustration, i was going through, all those days. what is the point of buying a brand-new laptop, that too, with premium warranty, instead? and what is the meaning of DELL giving warranty to us? DELL wants us to pay the price of a new laptop for refurbished parts ?!)

finally, they agreed for new parts. it took very long for the parts to arrive because of COVID lockdowns. the service engineer (mr.sridhar) who visited my place replaced the motherboard and heat-sink + 2 fans. when i demonstrated to him the other problems, he said that they are due to some virus, and reinstalling windows is the only solution i must follow. i asked him how a new laptop will have viruses (i had these problems right from day 1) and told him that i have re installed windows many times. he kept on re iterating the same thing. he added that he knows only about hardware and not the software problems.

and to my disappointment, the replacement solved none (except the first 2) of the problems. i conveyed the same to them. they suggested to continue troubleshooting through phone + internet to solve the problems(!). but i said that i was exhausted with it and i wanted to take the laptop to the service center since direct access to the machine had better possibility of diagnosing the causes, compared to remote diagnosis, and they said ok to it. but due to the COVID restrictions i was unable to take the laptop immediately to the service center which was located in the town about 25 kms from my village (public transport has been stopped here). i asked the if they could extend the warranty by 1 or 2 months considering the current COVID restrictions, but mr.vijay dahiya ruled it out bluntly, saying that it was the governments who imposed the restrictions and DELL was not responsible for it. and he also FLATLY ruled out the replacement of the faulty laptop by a new one or refund of our money, in case the laptop cannot be repaired to normal. very discourteous!

meanwhile i contacted a sysnative forums that deals with BSODs and sent them the BSOD dumps (log-files) and they ruled out the possibility of any software problems; they concluded that it must be surely a hardware issue (they pointed out the location of the page fault reference), and since memtest86 returned no problems, it is not due to bad RAM. they urged me to take the laptop ASAP to the service center without delaying further, since my warranty is going to end in November 2020, believing that the service center will have technicians competent enough to identify the problematic hardware. i told them that the service engineer who visited my place was not very competent enough and he kept saying that these problems were not hardware issues and that reinstalling windows would solve them.

anyhow i finally managed to rent a car and take the laptop to the service center, which is the only one in my town. it is not exactly a DELL-owned one, it is a 3rd-party service center authorized by DELL, lenovo, asus and other laptop, tv and mobile companies. to my disappointment it had only ONE DELL engineer - the same one who visited my place earlier. i explained all the problems to him and gave him a folder of around 500 MB of reports, logs, BSOD-dump-files, screenshots, photos, etc., explaining all the symptoms of overheating, BSOD and all the problems in my laptop. without even looking at them, he concluded that all the problems except overheating are due to viruses and reinstalling windows is the only solution. i asked him how a new machine fresh from the factory can have viruses and i told him that i have already re-installed windows (after completely erasing the SSD) 3-4 times. and i told him that the forum has ruled out the possibility of any software problems. he kept re-iterating the same thing. i asked him if he could copy to my SSD, the recovery image pertaining to my service tag, since it was DELL which erased my SSD completely (including my recovery image that came factory-installed). he flatly refused to do that. anyhow, i deposited the laptop to him in the hope that my laptop's problems will be solved by some magic.

he said he will call me the next day, but did not; and neither the next day. so i called him and asked about the laptop. he said that the motherboard needs to be replaced again to solve the overheating. i asked him why again it needs to be replaced. he had no answer. he said that the graphics card was getting heated unnaturally and since it was attached to the motherboard, the motherboard needs to be replaced. i asked him if the replacement would be new or refurbished. he assured that it would be new. after a week, we called him and he said that the replacement is complete, and that the laptop is working fine; but to my shock mr.vijay dahiya from the the DELL India escalation team who sanctioned the parts, said that the replacement parts were not new but refurbished. i quoted the service engineer's assurance to him. i also quoted the clause 11.3 in the DELL India website (dell.com/learn/in/en/incorp1/terms-of-sale-consumer) that specifically states "Parts used in repairing or servicing Product(s) may be NEW, equivalent-to-new, or reconditioned.", meaning that there is provision for replacing the defective parts with new parts. i added that the laptop is faulty on arrival, but why refurbished parts have been used. he replied "every time we cannot give new parts; since new parts were used in the replacement the last time - that too as an exception, we cannot give new parts this time". i argued that if the 1st replacement of parts had solved the problem, why are they replacing the motherboard for the 2nd time. also in both times, i did not ask for replacement; it was they who said that replacement was needed both times. but he promised that they will replace the battery (which had been worn out quickly due to the overheating), subject to approval. but the next day mr.vijay emailed me saying that the service engineer reported that the parts were actually NEW. i cant understand what kind of CHEATING is this - the one who sanctioned the parts saying that they are refurbished; but the one who obtained them and fixed them saying that they are actually new; and upon pressure from our side, the one who sanctioned them saying that they are new. and they added that the service engineer is saying that the battery has no faults, and they WONT replace it (they said that they will replace the battery only if has any fault, but not reduced capacity, since it is a consumable whose maximum capacity decreases with time and use, during normal usage.). i explained to mr.vijay that that is not the case here, because the battery did not lose its health in the normal manner, but drastically lost its health due to the heating problem, and that it was the responsibility of DELL to replace the battery. then he came up with another statement - that the service engineer said that upon further examination, after the replacement of the motherboard, the battery is lasting for upto 3 hours of playing 4K video, and so he FLATLY said that he wont replace it. we all know that heat causes the battery health to deteriorate IRREVERSIBLY. i cant imagine how changing the motherboard will reverse the process MAGICALLY ! if the battery is working fine, why were we asking for a new battery?

i asked for the transfer of case to someone who can understand the customer's problems from our point of view; he initially said ok to it, but then closed the entire case abruptly saying that his decision is final. i asked for further escalation of the case but he flatly said no; instead he gave the postal address of DELL India corporate office. i asked for the email id of the same address and the email id of DELL USA team, buy he flatly refused. the manager of mr.vijay called us and informed the same. he said that the case has been closed (without our consent or satisfaction) and that there is nothing more they will do, and that we have no other choice but to collect the laptop from the service center. i contacted DELL-twitter-support, but they replied that they cannot supersede the DELL India escalations team.

all this time i thought DELL-India was a reliable and ethical company. but some people are spoiling the name of DELL, by cheating gullible people. they behave as if we are fools having odd and farcical expectations for wanting a laptop that's not faulty when buying. they will initially drag the issue for months till your warranty is about to expire, and then, at the most replace, the defective parts with REFURBISHED PARTS ONLY, saying that it is as per their warranty terms. consumers cannot trust them that they will rectify the manufacturing defects in the warranty period; and buying a premium-support has no meaning. i literally lost around 1 year of my life in troubleshooting after troubleshooting (in phone + internet) and writing 100s of emails to DELL.

to anyone planning to buy a new laptop in the future, if you get a laptop that is faulty on arrival, please return it immediately in exchange for a new laptop or refund of your money. and please don't trust DELL-India !

BTW, do you think hereafter, i would buy another DELL-India product or recommend DELL-India to anyone?

the gist of my complaint against DELL-India is as follows:
my newly purchased DELL laptop has been having around 16 problems, including overheating and blue screen errors, right from the day of purchase. i had informed DELL-support India immediately. they have been doing troubleshooting after troubleshooting through phone and internet in vain, all these days, but unable to find the causes of the problems. after nearly 7 months, they replaced the motherboard + heat-sink + 2 fans, but that solved none (except 2) of the problems. so, as per their advice, i have deposited the laptop in the service center. they said that, again, replacement of motherboard is needed. the service engineer had promised (lied) that they will replace with a new one. then he called me and told me that he has replaced with new one. but DELL India escalation team has said that as per warranty, they wont give new parts. and they wont replace the battery, whose health has reduced due to the overheating (manufacturing defect) of the laptop. i want to escalate this issue to DELL USA, on whom i have a good opinion.

• 

25K Posts

August 10th, 2020 04:00

Hi,

We have responded to you via Private Message.

8 Posts

August 10th, 2020 05:00

mr.vijay d has replied, "The case is closed from our end now", without our consent or satisfaction; saying that nothing more will be done by DELL. how am i to respond to a closed case? you are PMing me "please continue working with our Escalations team for further assistance." how am i to proceed if they dont wish to proceed?

can you at least give the email id of the dell corporate office (which is located in Bangalore-560071, India). i have the postal address but not the email id. or can you atleast give the email id of DELL USA escalations team?

they have said that they wont be able to replace the battery which had lost its health due to the overheating of the motherboard (manufacturing defect). they have replaced the faulty motherboard, with another which i dont know for sure to be new or refurbished.

8 Posts

August 10th, 2020 07:00

i am trying to escalate this issue from Dell India escalations team (who have been unfair in my case) to dell-USA-escalation-team (who is customer-friendly according to my past experience), but, despite my repeated requests, you keep saying in PM's that there is no such email id and that i should continue working with Dell India escalations team. i guess i have hit a dead end here too

8 Posts

August 19th, 2020 15:00

UPDATE:
i had got some emails from the dell-india-escalation-team stating that the laptop was ready for collection and all the problems had been rectified by the service center. i even got 2 emails from the service center stating the same. and despite the case being closed without our consent and that dell has refused to replace the low-health-battery, i went ahead to collect the laptop on 19-8-2020.

when i had gone to deposit the laptop at the service center (approximately one month back), i had clearly explained to the service engineer about all the (around) 14 problems (both hardware and software) that are present in my laptop; also i had told him that i have stored a folder of approximately 500 MB of logs, reports, screenshots, photos, dump-files, event-viewer logs, etc to help him in identifying the causes of these problems. he had assured to me that he will rectify ALL the problems. today when i went for collecting the laptop, i was in for a total disappointment.

all the service engineer (mr.sridhar) had done was replacing the motherboard (which i dont know to be new or refurbished) and clean-installing windows 10 home (to add more woes to my list he had installed a single language edition, which is not what that came pre-installed on my laptop). he did not even look into the software issues that i have complained about. (he had gone to home-service on the day i had gone to receive my laptop, and the service center people said that he would return only in the evening.). so i called his phone to ask why he had not even installed alienware command center, dell-power-manager and other dell-software that came pre-installed on my machine and why he had not looked into the software issues in the above-mentioned dell-software. he simply replied that solving software-issues (even those that are dell-software), was not part of the warranty!

i asked the service-centre-incharge (mr.muniraj) who was present there, about it. he was very harsh and kept trying to fill me with wrong informations that alienware-command-center is only meant for alienware PCs and not g-series laptops and that alienware-command-center is not present in support.dell.com AND MANY MORE LIES. he added that their only job is hardware-service and they dont know to and also WON'T troubleshoot software problems even if they are caused by softwares from dell-factory (not third-party software). he added that the dell-escalation-team-india had only given him instructions to replace the motherboard and that he would not rectify the software-issues my machine was having, even if i had complained about them when i had deposited the laptop. i asked him why they did not inform me the same when i had deposited the laptop, to which he could not reply. i asked him why they had noted in their job-sheet that (apart from overheating, blue-screen-errors), multiple software issues were present in the laptop. he replied that they had done it only because i informed them about the software issues and NOT for the purpose of solving them! what an explanation! he added that i should contact the dell-india-escalation-team for solving the above-mentioned software problems and not them (the service centre)!

i had deposited the laptop in the service center and was waiting for around 3 weeks in the belief that they would rectify all the issues and here is this person saying this! (i dont know how dell employs such incompetent, misguiding and customer-unfriendly people in their service center). when i asked him if he can give his same statement in writing, he rudely said that it was not part of his job. he added that all they can do at the most is installing dell-software if the customer provides a copy of the recovery partition in a pen-drive. (as if i dont know how to install software in a laptop). i told him that the recovery-partition that shipped with my machine was deleted during the re-installation of windows by the service engineer; but he said that it was the responsibility of me to create a recovery-image of the whole machine, as the first thing when i bought the laptop (i dont know what is the necessity of this, when there had been a factory-installed-recovery-partition in the ssd, which the service centre people had deleted wantedly, and wont re-copy even at my request.)

the main reason i asked the service engineer to install the dell-software from support.dell.com was that those software were not working properly in my machine, and remote troubleshooting for months after months has not helped in anyway.

so i had no other option but to try to phone the dell-india-escalation-team. i asked mr.muniraj to give me the phone number of the same, but he declined harshly (saying that he doesnt have it - a white lie), telling to refer to the dell website for phone support. i called the number, and the agent said that she had not enough privileges to connect to the escalation team, but would connect to dell-technical-support-india-team. so, had to wait for long and at last got connected to technical-support team. but when i asked them to connect the call to mr.vijay dahiya, they said that he was unavailable but they can connect me to someone else from the same team. i waited for some time but THEY cut the call after sometime. this happened again. on my third time, the dell-india-technical-support person simply refused to connect me to the dell-escalation team saying that i can send an email to them if i want, requesting for a callback the next day. i explained to him that i had travelled 25km from my home in a rented car only to collect the laptop, and that speaking to the escalation team was urgent, because of the urgent situation, but he simply kept refusing to connect the call. he added that at the most he can guide me on the phone as to how to install those softwares (as if i dont know how to install softwares!).

dell-india-escalation-team assured that taking the laptop to the service centre would solve all the problems. the service-centre-incharge mr.muniraj is saying this now. i am being juggled by these 2 teams between them. and every time i have to go to the i have to travel 25km from my home in a rented car only to go to the service center, in vain? for nothing? is this some kind of joke?

now coming to the hardware problems, i did not have the time to check all the hardware problems. (already i lost so much time trying, in vain, to reason with these people). however, i did check the temperature of the graphics card by testing it using supportassist; to my disappointment, there was no change compared to what it was before i deposited the laptop (> 80 degrees Celsius). the same goes with CPU (> 99 degrees Celsius). i am yet to check the other hardware issues like BSOD, etc., (which occur intermittently) and the battery-health.

i can't understand why dell is treating me so badly! is buying a laptop from dell, my mistake? so unethical and unfair practices by the service-center-people! does wanting a laptop that's not faulty when buying, seem to be an odd and farcical expectation? come on dell, please do the right thing!

i am requesting that the case be transferred to someone who can understand the pain and problems from the customer's point of view (like mr.mukesh kumar).

8 Posts

August 23rd, 2020 09:00

UPDATE:

to my disappointment, i have found that they had only replaced the motherboard and reinstalled windows (and not even the drivers); but THESE HAVE SOLVED NONE OF MY PROBLEMS including overheating and BSODs. infact the service engineer had hidden the fact that there were 4 BSODs (after the re-installation of fresh windows) on 29-7-2020 and 1 BSOD on 19-8-2020 (right under my nose, when i was sitting at the service centre waiting to collect my laptop). and they did not even bother to re-install the dell-software that came pre-installed with my laptop (and which are having some problems). when i asked about these, they coolly say that they are not responsible for these.

i have the new 4 BSOD dumps. there is no dump created pertaining to 19-8-2020. since re-installing windows many times did not solve the problem, i am now sure that this is a hardware problem, but i dont know which one is that. (the motherboard has been replaced twice, but that did not solve the problems, so it is total MISDIAGNOSIS !). so i am asking dell to identify the faulty hardware ASAP and replace it before my warranty ends on 18-nov-2020. (dell has been trying hard to hide this.)

i am thoroughly frustrated with dell prolonging these issues for around 11 months. dell has been not able to diagnose the problem correctly and rectify it. i am beginning to suspect that dell is purposely doing this, waiting for the warranty to expire. or all your staff are INCOMPETENT? there cannot be any other possibility other than these 2.

i bought this laptop for my work, and this is the only laptop i have, but due to these problems, all my work has been affected very much. add to it, i had to endlessly sit in front of my faulty laptop, wasting my time for around 11 months, following instructions by the dell-remote-support-team, which proved to be TOTALLY POINTLESS till now. and dell has repeatedly denied my request to provide a replacement laptop / refund of money. and they CANT resolve these issues too. doesnt dell (such a big company) have the resources to solve this single case till now?

8 Posts

August 24th, 2020 05:00

my previous post was not formatted properly, so i am reposting the same with proper formatting:

i want to get these issues resolved before my 14 month warranty expires; if that is not possible, please replace the faulty laptop with a new one (not refurbished) or else please refund me the money. they have done complete MISDIAGNOSIS...they STILL DONT KNOW what the cause of these problems are. but i cant believe that they are so INCOMPETENT. i gave around 500MB of reports, logs, dump-files, error-codes, screenshots, photos and what not, to the service center people, but they still keep doing guesswork.

The computer is under warranty and the logs report many problems. While a component may not have yet failed, it has error reports that i would not want on a new computer. Some of these were seen in the logs:

WHEA corrected hardware errors
Paging errors
Controller errors
Misbehaving Intel rapid storage technology driver
Failed fast startup
Drive file system corruption F:

Event[21]:
Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger
Date: 2020-08-23T16:27:09.592
Event ID: 17
Task: N/A
Level: Warning
Opcode: Info
Keyword: N/A
User: S-1-5-19
User Name: NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE
Computer: DESKTOP-71S0E4O
Description:
A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Component: PCI Express Root Port
Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express)

Primary Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x1D:0x6
Secondary Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x0:0x0
Primary Device Name:PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A336&SUBSYS_09491028&REV_F0
Secondary Device Name:

Event[3025]:
Source: Ntfs
Date: 2020-08-04T11:30:23.283
Event ID: 55
Level: Error
User: S-1-5-18
User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Description:
A corruption was discovered in the file system structure on volume F:.

The exact nature of the corruption is unknown. The file system structures need to be scanned online.

Event[1397]:
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Boot
Date: 2020-08-22T01:00:00.970
Event ID: 29
User: S-1-5-18
User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Description:
Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4.

Event[670]:
Source: disk
Date: 2020-08-22T19:37:29.548
Event ID: 11
Opcode: N/A
Keyword: Classic
User: N/A
User Name: N/A
Description:
The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk1\DR1.

1: kd> lmvm iaStorAVC
Browse full module list
start end module name
fffff806`6b7e0000 fffff806`6b8f5000 iaStorAVC # (pdb symbols) c:\symbols\iaStorAVC.pdb\1D854E5ECD3247209E135B07E93C573C1\iaStorAVC.pdb
Loaded symbol image file: iaStorAVC.sys
Mapped memory image file: c:\symbols\iaStorAVC.sys\5A7AE8C0115000\iaStorAVC.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\iaStorAVC.sys
Image name: iaStorAVC.sys
Browse all global symbols functions data
Timestamp: Wed Feb 7 03:53:36 2018 (5A7AE8C0)
CheckSum: 000DBA9A
ImageSize: 00115000
File version: 15.44.0.1010
Product version: 15.44.0.1010
File flags: 8 (Mask 3F) Private
File OS: 40004 NT Win32
File type: 3.7 Driver
File date: 00000000.00000000
Translations: 0409.04b0
Information from resource tables:
CompanyName: Intel Corporation
ProductName: Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology driver (inbox)
InternalName: iaStorAVC.sys
OriginalFilename: iaStorAVC.sys
ProductVersion: 15.44.0.1010
FileVersion: 15.44.0.1010
PrivateBuild: 15.44.0.1010
SpecialBuild: 15.44.0.1010
FileDescription: Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology driver (inbox) - x64
LegalCopyright: Copyright (C), Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.
LegalTrademarks: Copyright (C), Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.
Comments: -x64

8 Posts

August 24th, 2020 11:00

i dont know why the moderators of this forum have changed the subject lines of my posts that expose the frauds by the dell service engineer. it is very unethical to edit my posts or its subject lines, to protect dell's interests.

BTW, on 24-8-2020, i got an email from mr.saurabh kumar (who is dealing with the case now). it states the following:

"We would like to inform you that as per the service center reported and diagnostics performed on your PC, There was no hardware related issue were found in your system. Please share a small video of the issue yo are facing showing that settings are automatically getting changed within the software so that we can check with our product design team and assist you further as per Dell guidelines."

i replied him with 3 emails at 4:05pm, 4:28pm, 4:46pm respectively, but did not get any reply for these emails. me and my brother were waiting for 2 hours from 6pm to 8pm on 24-8-2020, but did not get any call from him. AND THEY HAVE CLOSED THE CASE ABRUPTLY.

as for his statement that there are no hardware problems in this laptop, then why are BSODs occurring in my machine; why are my reports from the eventviewer showing hardware errors? i had consulted experts from a leading forum and they vouch that there are hardware problems in the machine. i had given around 500MB of reports, logs, dump-files, error-codes, screenshots, photos and what not, about the hardware errors in my machine, to the service center people, but he still keeps re-iterating that there are no hardware problems?

i re-iterate that the service engineer had hidden the fact that there were 4 BSODs (after the replacement of the motherboard and re-installation of fresh windows) on 29-7-2020 and 1 BSOD on 19-8-2020 (right under my nose, when i was sitting at the service center waiting to collect my laptop) (please see the screenshot i have attached). i dont know why the service center is cheating like this !

dell escalation team and dell service center are struggling for the past 10 months, but could not resolve the issues (i dont know why dell is hiding the cause of the problems). i have spent so much money to buy a brand-new faultless laptop, but they have sold me a defective one, and not resolving the defects also for 10 months. i have been patient for all this time, but i cannot wait further. because of this all my work has been affected and only mental stress remains. and the dell team won't rectify the problems even if another 10 months has been given.

you have to refund my money or replace this laptop with a new (not refurbished) laptop. my warranty expires on 18-nov-2020.

the BSOD that was hidden by the service engineerthe BSOD that was hidden by the service engineer

No Events found!