Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

April 19th, 2018 09:00

inspiron 13 7000 series (7073) - sound from speakers / audio jack crackles w/o power plugin

Anyone have this issue with the 7000 series inspiron  2 in 1s?

Where the speaker and audio jack sound crackles without the power plugin?

I went I far as to ship it to dell to fix and now its back in my procession, and still i have this problem. Now I am starting to wonder if this is a known defect due to the small batter.  

Yes I even played with power management to set for performance and not battery safer, still some crackling. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

9.4K Posts

April 20th, 2018 06:00

Hi metasoph,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

There are several factors that may cause noisy audio.  Here is some troubleshooting things you can try:

Update the BIOS to the latest available version
Update Realtek Audio driver for the last version available
Uninstall Dell Support Assist and Dell Support Assist Remediation
Uninstall Smartbyte application
Run the ePSA test and the audio test, see if you can hear the beep of the speakers on both sides
Try running the Microsoft audio troubleshooter 
Open the MaxxAudio PRO Embedded Software
Select the PLAYBACK option, then Activate the options "Noise reduction" and "renew"
Then Set the MaxxBass to 10 ~ 15%, Details in 7% ~ 10%, Width in 5% ~ 7% and Click Save 

Please send me a Private Message and provide your system service tag number

as well as your name, address, phone number and email address for further support
assistance if it is needed.

June 16th, 2019 00:00

I have the same issue and there is many troubleshootings at Dell community, but any one works for my case. I'm so unsatisfied with my new computer. I bot a supper machine for domestics tasks and I'm facing very uncomfortable issue. I'm sad.

4 Posts

November 5th, 2019 12:00

We had the same issue, and none of those steps or any trouble shooting over the phone helped at all. Dell charged us to repair this issue which they said required a new motherboard to fix. 

4 Posts

November 5th, 2019 12:00

We actually had the same exact issue with our laptop. Of course we noticed it literally a few days after the warranty went out (they shipped our computer on 4/27/2018, we received it on 5/3/2018, and the first time we noticed this issue because it is normally plugged in was on 5/1/2019). Long story short, of course they told us we were S.O.L. and we'd now have to pay to get the computer repaired out of warranty. But yes our computer had the exact same defect where sound was fine when plugged into power and crackling audio when on battery power. I've seen other people on these forums also with the same issue. It seems like this is a defect Dell is not acknowledging and is billing to the customers who paid a lot of money for a premium high quality laptop. 

We've also come to find through this process that this is no surprise as their customer service, quality, and actual tech support are atrocious and there is nothing to indicate they actually care at all about the customer and resolving any issues for them or customer satisfaction at all. 

1 Message

January 27th, 2020 23:00

I have a 7373 that WAS sent in for other issues, to which they replaced the motherboard. The speakers are worse now than they were then... whisper quiet with distortion. All troubleshooting steps have been taken to no resolve. If I use an external audio source the sound is great, but that's not always an option, nor should it have to be. Currently trying to hunt down a proper set of replacement speakers as I too was out of warranty before my machine arrived at my door from its initial repair at Dell. Extremely disappointed as the rest of the machine is quite impressive for the cost. 

1 Message

March 27th, 2020 23:00

I am also having the same problem of crackling sound coming from speakers of my Dell Laptop 13 7000 2-in-1 when I run it on battery power. I am having this problem since I purchased it and its very obvious and annoying. I tried fixing it and did troubleshooting many times and reinstall the sound driver which temporary resolve the issue but it comes back after a while. I purchased this dell machine with very high reviews but it does not meet the expectation.     

2 Posts

October 2nd, 2022 14:00

Exactly the same problem here with Inspiron 13 7000 !

Left speaker crackling when on battery. It seems it's a bug Dell does not want to disclose..?

Did anyone try to replace the physical speakers? Thanks

No Events found!