metasoph
1 Copper

inspiron 13 7000 series (7073) - sound from speakers / audio jack crackles w/o power plugin

Anyone have this issue with the 7000 series inspiron  2 in 1s?

Where the speaker and audio jack sound crackles without the power plugin?

I went I far as to ship it to dell to fix and now its back in my procession, and still i have this problem. Now I am starting to wonder if this is a known defect due to the small batter.  

Yes I even played with power management to set for performance and not battery safer, still some crackling. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: inspiron 13 7000 series (7073) - sound from speakers / audio jack crackles w/o power plugin

Hi metasoph,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

There are several factors that may cause noisy audio.  Here is some troubleshooting things you can try:

Update the BIOS to the latest available version
Update Realtek Audio driver for the last version available
Uninstall Dell Support Assist and Dell Support Assist Remediation
Uninstall Smartbyte application
Run the ePSA test and the audio test, see if you can hear the beep of the speakers on both sides
Try running the Microsoft audio troubleshooter 
Open the MaxxAudio PRO Embedded Software
Select the PLAYBACK option, then Activate the options "Noise reduction" and "renew"
Then Set the MaxxBass to 10 ~ 15%, Details in 7% ~ 10%, Width in 5% ~ 7% and Click Save 

Please send me a Private Message and provide your system service tag number

as well as your name, address, phone number and email address for further support
assistance if it is needed.

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
AmintasNeto
1 Copper

Re: inspiron 13 7000 series (7073) - sound from speakers / audio jack crackles w/o power plugin

I have the same issue and there is many troubleshootings at Dell community, but any one works for my case. I'm so unsatisfied with my new computer. I bot a supper machine for domestics tasks and I'm facing very uncomfortable issue. I'm sad.
0 Kudos