Highlighted
1 Copper

inspiron 15 5000 crackling sound

Jump to solution

I have bought a DELL inspiron 15 5000 and when first turned on sound seemed ok but after following the set up instructions which included a number of up dates the sound is cracking

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: inspiron 15 5000 crackling sound

Jump to solution

TF12,

Click the link below to choose your system to download and reinstall the Audio Drivers into the system.

Dell Drivers,Downloads and Manuals

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

TF12,

Change the settings below to see if this will resolve the issue.

1. Go to "Device Manager"
  2. Expand "Sound, Video and Game controllers"
  3. Right click "RealtekAudio" and click "Update driver"
  4. Click "Browse my computer for driver software"
  5. Click "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer"
  6. Select "High Definition Audio Device" and then "Next" to complete

This action should resolve the static noise issue experienced.

If you need us to perform additional troubleshooting with you.  Please send me a Private Message and provide your system service tag number as well as your name, address, phone number and email address for further support assistance if it is needed. 

Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

sorry not able to see private message button

have followed youre instructions which has removed the crackling noise but now there is no base the sub  woofer seems to be nothing now?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

sorry not able to see private message button

have followed youre instructions which has removed the crackling noise but now there is no base the sub  woofer seems to be nothing now?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

TF12,

Click the link below to choose your system to download and reinstall the Audio Drivers into the system.

Dell Drivers,Downloads and Manuals

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi, 

thanks finally a solution that works, now I don’t have the crackling through my headphones!

i do still have the problem of low jumping audio through the speakers, I haven’t been able to listen to anything without the headphones in for over a year now I’d say, after an update I’m guessing but I don’t know which one I’ve tried every solution I can find even resetting the laptop back to factory settings.

any help would be greatly appreciated thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I was literally one hour away from packing this laptop in a shipping box, putting the return label back onto it and sending it back to Amazon. This ONE post is the only reason I am not returning this laptop. I love the laptop but refused to deal with the cracking especially because I only had it for 2 weeks. 

Thank you so so much for this Jesse L!!!!!!! You kept a customer

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have followed your instructions still its giving that crackling sound

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I am also having this problem on my new Dell 5593

It only happens when i connect speaker/headphones to the 3.5mm output jack. I read post that it could be the audio driver, bios power management (where it turns off/on the audio to save power), and also the smart W software that came installed in Dell. I tried to update the

1) audio driver,

2) update Bios, and

3) remove the Smart W software.

Still doesn't solve this problem.

Anyone else have a solution ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I kinda solved it on my Dell Inspiron 5593. I tried above methods and none of them works.

Just to recap. my cracking sound occurs only when no software on my laptop is playing audio for ~10 seconds. There will be a cracking sound lke-to indicate 'off'. After 20seconds, when I play audio, the cracking sound appers right before my audio starts (like-to indicate 'on').

It seems it has something to do with the Maxxaudiopro. Here is how i solve my cracking sound :

1. Plug in the 3.5mm audiio jack. A maxxaudiopro pop-up window will ask you what device is plugged in.
  2. Select 'Headphones'
  3. Check if you still have the cracking sound. If so, proceed on to step 4
  4. Put the laptop to sleep for a few hours. Do NOT unplug the 3.5mm audio jack cable from the laptop. Restarting the laptop does not help.
  5. After sleeping the laptop for a few minutes or hours, turn it on. Cracking sound should be solved. When you open the maxxaudiopro software, under the 'Playback' tab, the 'select output device' is fixed at internal speakers. there is no way to change it.

Hope it helps.

0 Kudos