Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 22nd, 2018 22:00

inspiron 15 5000 crackling sound

I have bought a DELL inspiron 15 5000 and when first turned on sound seemed ok but after following the set up instructions which included a number of up dates the sound is cracking

• 

16.7K Posts

April 25th, 2018 04:00

TF12,

Click the link below to choose your system to download and reinstall the Audio Drivers into the system.

Dell Drivers,Downloads and Manuals

• 

16.7K Posts

April 23rd, 2018 10:00

TF12,

Change the settings below to see if this will resolve the issue.

1. Go to "Device Manager"
  2. Expand "Sound, Video and Game controllers"
  3. Right click "RealtekAudio" and click "Update driver"
  4. Click "Browse my computer for driver software"
  5. Click "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer"
  6. Select "High Definition Audio Device" and then "Next" to complete

This action should resolve the static noise issue experienced.

If you need us to perform additional troubleshooting with you.  Please send me a Private Message and provide your system service tag number as well as your name, address, phone number and email address for further support assistance if it is needed. 

3 Posts

April 23rd, 2018 13:00

sorry not able to see private message button

have followed youre instructions which has removed the crackling noise but now there is no base the sub  woofer seems to be nothing now?

3 Posts

April 23rd, 2018 13:00

sorry not able to see private message button

have followed youre instructions which has removed the crackling noise but now there is no base the sub  woofer seems to be nothing now?

1 Message

March 7th, 2019 06:00

Hi, 

thanks finally a solution that works, now I don’t have the crackling through my headphones!

i do still have the problem of low jumping audio through the speakers, I haven’t been able to listen to anything without the headphones in for over a year now I’d say, after an update I’m guessing but I don’t know which one I’ve tried every solution I can find even resetting the laptop back to factory settings.

any help would be greatly appreciated thanks :)

1 Message

September 23rd, 2019 08:00

I was literally one hour away from packing this laptop in a shipping box, putting the return label back onto it and sending it back to Amazon. This ONE post is the only reason I am not returning this laptop. I love the laptop but refused to deal with the cracking especially because I only had it for 2 weeks. 

Thank you so so much for this Jesse L!!!!!!! You kept a customer

1 Message

October 13th, 2019 07:00

I have followed your instructions still its giving that crackling sound

3 Posts

March 5th, 2020 17:00

I am also having this problem on my new Dell 5593

It only happens when i connect speaker/headphones to the 3.5mm output jack. I read post that it could be the audio driver, bios power management (where it turns off/on the audio to save power), and also the smart W software that came installed in Dell. I tried to update the

1) audio driver,

2) update Bios, and

3) remove the Smart W software.

Still doesn't solve this problem.

Anyone else have a solution ?

3 Posts

March 25th, 2020 20:00

I kinda solved it on my Dell Inspiron 5593. I tried above methods and none of them works.

Just to recap. my cracking sound occurs only when no software on my laptop is playing audio for ~10 seconds. There will be a cracking sound lke-to indicate 'off'. After 20seconds, when I play audio, the cracking sound appers right before my audio starts (like-to indicate 'on').

It seems it has something to do with the Maxxaudiopro. Here is how i solve my cracking sound :

1. Plug in the 3.5mm audiio jack. A maxxaudiopro pop-up window will ask you what device is plugged in.
  2. Select 'Headphones'
  3. Check if you still have the cracking sound. If so, proceed on to step 4
  4. Put the laptop to sleep for a few hours. Do NOT unplug the 3.5mm audio jack cable from the laptop. Restarting the laptop does not help.
  5. After sleeping the laptop for a few minutes or hours, turn it on. Cracking sound should be solved. When you open the maxxaudiopro software, under the 'Playback' tab, the 'select output device' is fixed at internal speakers. there is no way to change it.

Hope it helps.

3 Apprentice

• 

547 Posts

March 26th, 2020 15:00

See my post here...
DPC latency on Dell G5 5587, not just XPS

The main issue is the Realtek audio drivers - they're complete garbage. This has been a common problem with virtually every laptop (not limited to Dell) made since 2015 that comes with a Realtek audio controller. You can switch over to the generic Microsoft HD Audio Device driver which will fix the problem, at the expensive of less/basic features. However, chances are that after a few reboots, Windows 10 will force the proper driver back on your computer (along with the WavesMaxx program), and there is no way to stop Windows from doing so.

1 Message

January 11th, 2021 21:00

I have a dell inspiron 15 5000 and have had it for a few years now and can't fix the headphone problem. My problem is similar as when I plug my headphones in regardless of brands it sometimes only plays in one headphone unless I turn the sound right up to max and it will then start to come out of both. Also if I put my hand on the top right hand corner of the laptop as say to when you touch the top plate or apply a bit of pressure the sound distorts with base or from one speaker to the other or loosed base and so on. I have tried all the driver rips and a lot of time my laptop does make a crackling pop noise from the main speaker.

Great laptop apart from the sound issues.
Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Kind regards

Cris

February 28th, 2021 20:00

I had this issue for a few months now, I was absolutely sick of it, I was borderline resetting my PC. I had uninstalled smartbyte which didn't do anything, I uninstalled and reinstalled audio drivers which fixed the static on my headphones but not the subwoofer, and weird enough it would pop every once in a while when I clicked but every 10 seconds or so on its own, very annoying. For some reason after installing all my new drivers on the dell website, none of them had anything to do with audio and then reinstalling my audio Realtek drivers the popping has finally stopped. 

I use a Dell Inspiron 5000 series 7657 and it seems like it is very common on this model. 

March 1st, 2021 12:00

Update, I am still having this problem the original solution did not actually help

3 Posts

April 2nd, 2023 06:00

FYI I just resolved this problem on my Latitude 5480 by installing the latest BIOS ( 1.29.0   - it previously had v1.18.2 when it was crackling intermittently when playing audio through speakers and/or headphones.

N.B. I am running Windows 11 Pro and using the default Realtek /MaxxAudioPro 2018 driver which got auto-installed during the Win11 install.

HTH someone

No Events found!