Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 19th, 2018 06:00

inspiron 17r n7110 laptop cannot detect Transcent SD HC card

After I inserted my Transcend SD HC 16gb card, my laptop did not detect this device (it is not listed in my computer).  Please let me know anyone have the same issue.

• checked the bios - the media reader is enabled.
  • have updated the latest drivers for my laptop

Here is my questions:

1. Could it be that this 8-in-1 Media Card Reader does not support this type of SD card?
  2. What is the media reader listed in the device manager? 
  3. Can I use devconx64.exe to list this driver, device ID?

Much appreciated if someone can help I debug this issue.

BTW - this issue also occurred in my Dell Latitude E6420.

spjrc

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

July 19th, 2018 06:00

Will any other system detect the card?  Does this system (or the Latitude) detect a different card?  Is the card partitioned and formatted with a file system?

33 Posts

July 20th, 2018 02:00

Will any other system detect the card? None of my Dell laptops detects this card thru its media card reader slot.

Does this system (or the Latitude) detect a different card? I don't have other cards to test except the CF card which is to big for the media card reader.  I will try to find my other SD cards;or I will purchase another SD card when I get the chance.

Is the card partitioned and formatted with a file system? I don't know this answer until I can detect it on my computer. Or I can buy a USB MicroSD + SD memory card readers to read this SD card thru USB port - I have NOT done this step yet.

Thank you for your feedback.

33 Posts

July 20th, 2018 04:00

Cards supported for my inspiron n7110 lap (MS-PRO) MultiMedia Card (MMC) MultiMedia Card plus (MMC+) xD-Picture Card

My transcent SD CARD is 16GB SDHC class 10.  

I brought my n7110 laptop around 2011; so does it support different classes (ie class 4, class 10)???  Do you know where I can get a very detailed spec on this media card reader?

Thank you.

33 Posts

July 22nd, 2018 06:00

Further comments on this issue:

Will any other system detect the card? Yes - my inspiron game  laptop (inspiron15-5577).  In fact, I reformated this card to FAT32 (this card's capacity is 16Gb) and then I copied some files to that card.  There are no issues with that card in that laptop; but it is NOT detected in my other three Dell laptops.

Does this system (or the Latitude) detect a different card? Yes - all my Dell Laptops detect the MEDIA cards.

Since I don't want to continue working on this issue, therefore, I decided to close this case.

I would like to thank ejn63 for the feedback.

33 Posts

July 22nd, 2018 06:00

Please read my "Further comments on this issue:" post.

Thank you for your feedback.

No Events found!