Highlighted
daman12
1 Nickel

inspiron 3537 i3 4010u motherboard upgrade.

Jump to solution

I have dell inspiron 3537 i3 4010u and i want to upgrade the motherboard since i3 is old for me. Im thinking of buying motherboard with i7 4th gen processor with graphics of the same model. Is it possible??

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ejn63
4 Ruthenium

Re: inspiron 3537 i3 4010u motherboard upgrade.

Jump to solution

I'd put the funds toward a desktop system - or if you want to upgrade this one, replace the hard drive with a solid state drive.  It'll make far more of an impact than a CPU will -- and with integrated video you won't be gaming on this notebook much - even with an i7.

6 Replies
ejn63
4 Ruthenium

Jump to solution

Yes, it is, but it's not going to be an inexpensive upgrade.  You may want to consider the alternative of a new system.

https://www.parts-people.com/index.php?action=item&id=16354

0 Kudos
daman12
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

i guess it is better than a new system in case of expenses.. will i face any problem, is it worth?

0 Kudos
ejn63
4 Ruthenium

Jump to solution

It you're willing to spend $300 and take a 90-day parts warranty on a board (remember, these are used parts, not new ones), go for it.  However, this model is very low-end to begin with  -- it's not clear why you want the i7 CPU, but unless it's for doing heavy duty spreadsheet or database work, it's not going to make enough of a difference to justify the cost.  Essentially you're putting a turbocharged engine in your Chevy Spark or Kia Rio - it's still an economy car at heart, as yours is an economy system - nothing short of buying a new system can change that.

0 Kudos
daman12
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

actually i dont have that high budget for a desktop. I produce music and do video editing as well. and sometimes gaming too.. thats why i need an upgrade.. if its worth i have that tight budget.. if not ill make some more money for a desktop pc.

0 Kudos
ejn63
4 Ruthenium

Jump to solution

I'd put the funds toward a desktop system - or if you want to upgrade this one, replace the hard drive with a solid state drive.  It'll make far more of an impact than a CPU will -- and with integrated video you won't be gaming on this notebook much - even with an i7.

daman12
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

thank you alott.. I'll look forward for a desktop pc.. till then i'll get a good SSD.. thanknk's alott again..

0 Kudos