Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 10th, 2018 20:00

inspiron 3537 i3 4010u motherboard upgrade.

I have dell inspiron 3537 i3 4010u and i want to upgrade the motherboard since i3 is old for me. Im thinking of buying motherboard with i7 4th gen processor with graphics of the same model. Is it possible??

10 Elder

• 

23K Posts

February 11th, 2018 07:00

I'd put the funds toward a desktop system - or if you want to upgrade this one, replace the hard drive with a solid state drive.  It'll make far more of an impact than a CPU will -- and with integrated video you won't be gaming on this notebook much - even with an i7.

10 Elder

• 

23K Posts

February 11th, 2018 03:00

Yes, it is, but it's not going to be an inexpensive upgrade.  You may want to consider the alternative of a new system.

https://www.parts-people.com/index.php?action=item&id=16354

4 Posts

February 11th, 2018 05:00

i guess it is better than a new system in case of expenses.. will i face any problem, is it worth?

10 Elder

• 

23K Posts

February 11th, 2018 06:00

It you're willing to spend $300 and take a 90-day parts warranty on a board (remember, these are used parts, not new ones), go for it.  However, this model is very low-end to begin with  -- it's not clear why you want the i7 CPU, but unless it's for doing heavy duty spreadsheet or database work, it's not going to make enough of a difference to justify the cost.  Essentially you're putting a turbocharged engine in your Chevy Spark or Kia Rio - it's still an economy car at heart, as yours is an economy system - nothing short of buying a new system can change that.

4 Posts

thank you alott.. I'll look forward for a desktop pc.. till then i'll get a good SSD.. thanknk's alott again..

4 Posts

actually i dont have that high budget for a desktop. I produce music and do video editing as well. and sometimes gaming too.. thats why i need an upgrade.. if its worth i have that tight budget.. if not ill make some more money for a desktop pc.

No Events found!