Start a Conversation

Unsolved

F

3 Posts

March 31st, 2019 06:00

keyboard problems

Good morning, I have a DELL Inspiron 7537 notebook since 2014. Since yesterday the keyboard has problems: some keys do not work (space bar, "b", "n", "2" for example). If I connect an external keyboard it works normally. I tried to run the diagnostic tests from the quick and complete DELL site and I came out "replace the keyboard" "replace the hard drive". It seems to me, though, that the computer is working ... What do you think could have happened? Is the test result really reliable? Thanks for the attention. 

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

March 31st, 2019 10:00

The hard drive error is the most critical. Backup all your files and store the backup on removable media. Copy (not backup) your personal files--photos, videos, docs, music, etc to removable media so you can easily copy those files back to a new hard drive. An external hard drive would be the best ext media. Replace the hard drive.

You would have to replace the keyboard or just use the external one if you are going to replace the computer with a new one soon. 5 years is a good run for a laptop.

Here's the manual that will show you how to replace the hard drive and the KB if you want to do that--

https://downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_laptop/esuprt_inspiron_laptop/inspiron-15-7537_owner%27s%20manual_en-us.pdf

3 Posts

March 31st, 2019 13:00

thankyou so much Mary for your amswer, that is very usefull to me.

Now I try to understand what is the better choise between changing the laptop or trying to repair it....

No Events found!