Highlighted
donrjaa
1 Copper

my windows keep warn me its not ACTIVATED INSPIRON5570

Annotation.png

I bought my laptop three monthes ago as brand new and windows 10pro inside it and

I noticed I got pop desk warn keep telling me to activate my windows!! and when I click to active I got error code windows 10 error code 0X0C004F074

so I contacted dell .usa but they told me to conact dell uae!! so now after I bought dell product no one cares to help me about this!!! where should I go and to blame!!

I am soo frustrated and I need help asap

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
ejn63
4 Ruthenium

Re: my windows keep warn me its not ACTIVATED INSPIRON5570

Contact your seller/dealer.  It sounds like they sold you a system that did not ship with WIndows 10 (which isn't uncommon outside the USA).  

If so, and your system was sold with Windows 10, ask your dealer for the license key.

donrjaa
1 Copper

ty mate, but I coulnot contact the seller nor UAE dell branch !! and when I contact dell usa again they said they CANNOT HELP ME!!

I am not sure what to call this as fraud or what and what should I do now!!Annotation.png

0 Kudos
ejn63
4 Ruthenium

Download and install a copy of RW Everything.  Check the system for the Windows 10 license code that will be on the mainboard IF the system shipped from Dell with Windows 10.  You can then use that to activate the system.

If there is no embedded license key for Windows 10, you will need to contact your seller.  It is very possible they received the system with no OS on it and installed Windows 10 -- in which case, IF the system was represented to you as having Windows, contact the dealer.

0 Kudos
nyc10036
3 Cadmium

@donrjaa wrote:

ty mate, but I coulnot contact the seller nor UAE dell branch !! and when I contact dell usa again they said they CANNOT HELP ME!!

I am not sure what to call this as fraud or what and what should I do now!!Annotation.png

If you didn't buy from Dell UAE ( http://www.dell.ae/ ) or a Dell-authorized seller, how is this a Dell problem ? ? ?  ?

0 Kudos
ejn63
4 Ruthenium

That's a volume license key -- not a private-use (retail) key.   If you cannot contact your seller, you will need to purchase a valid Windows 10 license key for your system - and it'll need to be a full license, not an upgrade license.

It will cost you $200.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/windows-10-pro/df77x4d43rkt/48DN

0 Kudos