I did restart my computer, I checked it with headphones,

the headphones worked

I also used troubleshooting on my windows control panel

ive got nothing

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

January 28th, 2018 05:00

Hello.  The title of your post says "no sound at all" but the headphones work. If you have plugged headphones into the laptop's audio port (not usb or bluetooth headphones) and the audio works through the headphones, then the issue might just be with the speakers. Here is how to test the speakers.

> Re-start the computer and tap the F12 key as soon as it starts to boot up. If the computer boots to Windows re-start the computer and try again.

> Select 'Diagnostics' from the boot menu, then press the Enter key. Either the ePSA or the PSA tests will open -- it depends on the model of your laptop but should be the ePSA on newer models..

> Look for a "Perform Quick Audio Check" button on the bottom right side of the ePSA main menu screen (see screen shot below). Press the button and listen for the series of octave tones from the speakers.

> If you do not have the "Perform Quick Audio Check" button then do this. Start the PSA tests and when it performs the color test it will ask you if you see the color bars on the screen. Deliberately fail the test by answering no (press the "n" key) instead of yes. When you do that the PSA test will emit a series of beeps. Listen for the beeps.

> If you don't hear the beeps or tones that means that the speakers have become disconnected or have failed.

> If you do hear the tones that means that the speakers are working and are connected.

Here is a screen shot of the ePSA Quick Audio test:

If you have the older PSA test you will not have the "Perform Quick Audio Check."

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

January 30th, 2018 19:00

Failure of the ePSA Quick Audio Check test means that there has been a hardware failure, which is covered under the warranty. If your warranty has not expired contact tech support to get the laptop repaired.

If no longer under warranty, open the laptop and re-plug the speaker connection to the motherboard. If doing that doesn't fix it then replace the speakers.

The documents section of the Inspiron 5567 support page has a link to the "Service Manual" that explains how to replace the speakers.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 27th, 2018 18:00

:BigSmile:

Please type Device Manager onto the search box, expand Audio Inputs and outputs and then check for a yellow triangle listed by any of the drivers. Do the same for Sound, Video and Game Controllers as well. By the way, windows 10 is on he system?

How to Fix Audio Problems (Official Dell Tech Support)

Sound/Audio Problems in Microsoft Windows | Dell US

3 Posts

January 30th, 2018 13:00

i don't hear the beeps or tones what is the solution 

1 Message

August 11th, 2018 13:00

I can hear the beeps and the 8 notes, but there is no other sound coming from my computer. 

What can i do?

1 Message

September 20th, 2018 16:00

this was very helppul... I appreciate  it 

1 Message

October 4th, 2018 12:00

Thanks Jim!

I tried all these steps and wasn't getting any sound. So I took your advice that the speakers might not be connected. I took the bottom plate off the machine (Precision 5510) and the speaker cable was unplugged from the board. Connected it and sound came back! Thanks a ton!

1 Message

October 27th, 2018 16:00

One of those links goes to a YouTube video with advice provided IN AUDIO FORMAT. Not very useful for those of us who have the problem described. Is there a transcript?

1 Message

March 17th, 2019 18:00

I heard the beeps but I don't know what to do next (the problem is still present). I have a Inspiron N4010

1 Message

June 7th, 2019 09:00

No sound was coming from my laptop, neither from speakers or headphones. Running the 'Diagnostics' option in boot menu solved my problem. 

1 Message

June 27th, 2019 13:00

Have same problem even when headphones connected no sound. But when testing all tones gets played in speakers

• 

16.6K Posts

June 28th, 2019 06:00

Raj1997,

Click my name and private message me the pc service tag number as well as your registered name, email address, and phone number.

1 Message

September 7th, 2019 12:00

I have 2 15" inspiron laptops of about the same vintage and sound has disappeared from both, and at the same time. Hardware less likely, conflict between Microsoft (Win 10 on both) and Dell sounds more likely. Any thoughts?

1 Message

November 29th, 2019 07:00

Go to the Dell support tab with your device code (it doesn't matter in or out of warranty) then look for the drivers tab and find the audio item.  Download and run it.  It will take a couple of steps and restarts but it will remove and then reinstall your sound system.  I suspect, that like my laptop, you have either installed a new hard drive or Windows 10 and somehow have lost part of the Dell sound system support

1 Message

December 11th, 2019 22:00

I have been reading this as I have the same problem

Swearing loudly doesn't work

tried switching on the narrator sound came out of the speakers switched narrator off - still got sound 

No Events found!