Hogwarts19
1 Copper

nspiron 7577 design fault?

Hello,

I got a DELL Inspiron 7577 and I bought it a few months back brand new, worked perfectly fine but then I noticed light bleed on the LCD I contacted customer support and they sent an engineer to me to replace the LCD and back panel as well as the front plastic cover but no fix, so they had me send the laptop to them and after 2 weeks it comes back and the light bleed on the LCD is fixed.

But now my issue is there are noticeable gaps on the front cover plastic, big enough that my nail can fit through them. This design flaw was not there before I sent it to Dell support as when I bought it I did not see it and look at any new 7577 there isnt gap between the front plastic and LCD but mine now has that and Dell sent an engineer again to replace the plastic cover but no fix and I have sent pictures of the gaps and they got back to me saying they wont be doing anything about it since the system is working fine and that is how the laptop is designed. How is that? When I bought it or before sending it to them it did not have such issue plus on the laptop right now some parts are flush against the LCD like it should be on the lower Dell logo part but they just do not want to help me and say that is how the laptop is designed and I got no clue what to do.

They gave me a number to call and file a complaint but I dont know if that will do any good but will be trying to do so on Monday but this **bleep** paying for a brand new laptop and having a warranty and everything and they dont want to do anything about an issue they created.

This is how it should look like flush against the LCD the bottom DELL logo are and top webcam spot is flush like this against LCD everything else is a gap and I sent these pictures they are saying it is designed like that.. how even?!

This is how it should look like just this part and webcam part at top look flush like this that you do not see the gap

This should be happening with only my nail, and I dont even have to struggle to put it in there.. It was not like this when I bought the laptop

This should be happening with only my nail, and i dont even have to struggle to put it in there.. It was not like this when I bought the laptop

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Reinhard-Pta
1 Copper

Dell

Mmmmmmm...

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: nspiron 7577 design fault?

You can file a complaint with the BBB and see if they will help you.  I had an issue on a new refrigerator some time ago and wrote the BBB, and the factory regional service rep took care if it.   A  different case than yours. 

Worth a try in your case, and see what happens? Looks like DELL cosmetic  sloppy work?

Win 10 Ver. 1903 on all.
0 Kudos
U2CAMEB4ME
3 Zinc

Welcome to the Dell Community @Reinhard-Pta 

Why go to the unneeded extreme of complaining to the BBB if you have not tried to contact Dell???

Service Requests:

https://www.dell.com/support/incidents-online/us/en/19/srsearch

Best regards,

U2

Microsoft Registered Refurbisher
Microsoft Registered Partner
Windows Operating System lifecycle fact sheet
Lifecycle begins when released and ends when no longer supported
0 Kudos
Reinhard-Pta
1 Copper

Please not that another Forum Member ("Teetertotter") made the suggestion of contacting the BBB, not me, I did make contact with Dell Support and they are prepared to swap out my Laptop under warranty, no questions asked, so no need to file any complaints with anyone as Dell is more than willing to resolve the issue. Thank you.

U2CAMEB4ME
3 Zinc

@Reinhard-Pta 

Glad to hear that Dell came thru for you.

Best regards,

U2

Microsoft Registered Refurbisher
Microsoft Registered Partner
Windows Operating System lifecycle fact sheet
Lifecycle begins when released and ends when no longer supported
0 Kudos

Great news that DELL came through for @Reinhard.... to make you a happy customer!  Good show for you!

Win 10 Ver. 1903 on all.
0 Kudos