Highlighted
ACappe
1 Nickel

"Cannot configure the mobile h o t s p o t." error

How can I fix this error?

I'm connected through Ethernet cable and my network adapter supposed to host the wireless network is the "Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265",

whose driver is updated to the latest version (20.70.0.5),

running on an updated Windows 10 Home x64 v1803 operating system,

running on an up to date Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (or 15 7577, I cannot understand).

Thank you very much for your help.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
nyc10036
3 Cadmium

Re: "Cannot configure the mobile h o t s p o t." e

@ACappe wrote:

How can I fix this error?

I'm connected through Ethernet cable and my network card supposed to host the wireless network is the "Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265",

whose driver is updated to the latest version (20.70.0.5),

running on an updated Windows 10 Home x64 v1803 operating system,

running on an up to date Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (or 15 7577, I cannot understand).

Thank you very much for your help.

Wireless network but you are connected with an Ethernet cable?

makes no sense

0 Kudos
ACappe
1 Nickel

I'm connected to the internet through a cable, but I want to share this connection with other devices (example: my Android phone) using this PC as wireless network host, hence through a mobile h o t s p o t.

[I don't have a modem/router]

0 Kudos
nyc10036
3 Cadmium

@ACappe wrote:

I'm connected to the internet through a cable, but I want to share this connection with other devices (example: my Android phone) using this PC as wireless network host, hence through a mobile h o t s p o t.

[I don't have a modem/router]

You don't have a router and you want to share your internet wirelessly.

Did you pull this idea from thin air? ? ?

0 Kudos
ACappe
1 Nickel

You're not helping, at all.

I haven't invented anything new: I don't have a separated router because my PC can behave as one, since there is the option in Win10 and I know people who have already used it successfully.

The problem is that it isn't working! I'm not asking "how can I do something that can't be done?", but "how can I FIX this error?"

0 Kudos
ACappe
1 Nickel

EDIT: I just tried to connect to a WiFi network (instead of Ethernet) and then share the connection through a mobile h o t s p o t and it worked!

What could the problem be?

0 Kudos