Start a Conversation

Unsolved

MN

2 Posts

April 29th, 2018 04:00

squeak and slight clicking sound in 7577 Hard drive sound

Hi, yesterday I bought a new dell 7577 and every thing is ok except the hard drive sound when i run HDD test
the test results are ok (passed) but i can hear squeak and slight clicking sound from HDD (when i listen carefully on bottom right area)
you can listen to this sound on this link i put the mobile on the computer and recorded the sound, note that the HDD type is: st1000lm035-1rk172
i wanna know if this sound is normal in exist in all other 7577 or it's not ?

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

April 29th, 2018 06:00

Hard drives spin at 5400-7200 rpm and the heads do move at random even when the drive is idle to level wear - it's most likely completely normal.

2 Posts

April 30th, 2018 00:00

actually my brain is burning from over thinking in this problem (some of friends saying this is normal and others say it's upnormal), 
and eventually i decided to adapt and coping with this voice and in future if it's destroyed i will replace it with new one ssd.
but before that please review these links which contain some of recorded tests and give me your final opinion
test4
test3
test2

September 21st, 2018 19:00

Hello my friend i have this stranger sound too which i don’t know it’s normal or not 

it’s the same sound in the link u published As “test4”

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MH8noFgW_VRiJvNmtcZXb5lv6KMJmzvW/view

3 Posts

January 6th, 2019 03:00

I have the same sound too. I just bought my 7577 yesterday then reinstall Window than this happen. Please help, i tried install every drivers suggested by dell at their page too but won't work.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

January 7th, 2019 09:00

Thank you for your message. I apologize for the inconvenience surrounding the order. I will be glad to assist you with this.

Do you hear the noise from the left side or the right side of the keyboard?

Have you observed any performance issue with the notebook?

Please run a hardware diagnostic by following the video on this link

Is the noise intermittent or always audible?

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

How to locate the service tag

3 Posts

January 8th, 2019 05:00

I heard the noises from the right side of the laptop, where the HDD resides i believe.

The noise can be heard when i turn off, turn on the laptop, and sometimes when i open folders in HDD, the folder delay a little bit (with window loading cursor) and the folder can be opened after the noise .

Beside that i don't see seriously performance hit, considered I just bought my laptop and mainly use the SSD.

I have ran all the hardware diagnostic and it's all passed.

Thanks for your help.

4 Posts

December 6th, 2020 10:00

I hear the same noise in Dell Inspiron 3593 core i7, I bought it only 2 months ago. I run all diagnostic tests and it passed them all. Is that normal, or this is the beginning of a real problem with the HDD, did your computer work well till now (2020)? @LeDzung 

3 Posts

December 9th, 2020 03:00

My laptop still working fine but the clicking sound still sometimes happens, but not as much as first when i bought it. But overall my computer still working fine and it doesn't affect the performance of the laptop. I couldn't really do anything anyway (I exchanged for a new computer when I bought it but it still clicking) so I have to ignore it and move on.

4 Posts

December 9th, 2020 03:00

thanks for your reply, it seems this is in many Dell laptops, if it doesn't affect the performance we have to ignore it, however, it is sometimes annoying

• 

25.1K Posts

December 9th, 2020 04:00

We want to make sure your system is working fine as you expect it to be. Kindly DM us the details we have asked you, we will check and assist you further. 

No Events found!