1 Copper

Re: support assist

This worked for me. I ran into this problem after not using my computer in a while. Thank you! I spent a couple hours troubleshooting and the solution was something as simple as this. #2020

Highlighted
1 Copper

I have exactly same problem despite Support **bleep**'t "Remedition" having been installe 2 th June 2018.

My desk top is still under warranty s I'll be going back to John Lewis with a complaint if this doesn't get resolved!

Not at all impressed with Dell!

Highlighted
1 Copper

try out what they replied to me it worked for me

Highlighted

I will be glad to look into this for you.

Are you getting an error message as “unexpected error”? 

What is the Support Assist application version installed?

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it?

Highlighted
1 Copper

Honestly what a piece of **bleep**, this is! Sorry to be so brutal but after 10 hours all it was doing was trying to download the sw/drivers. i went direct using the ST code and did it in 3-4 minutes. what a waste of everyones time!!!
Highlighted
1 Copper

over 10 hours trying to download drivers etc <50MB, what a piece of **bleep**!! did it direct in 3-4 mins. Sort it out!! Its a great idea, just make the **bleep** thing work or its a complete waste of time!!

Highlighted
3 Argentium

@Demani-1  There shouldn't be any need to update drivers, if system is running perfectly.  Long story short.

So, did you go back and uninstall and re-install Support Assist.

Inspiron 7572 15\8th Gen\i5\8GB Ram\256 SSD\Intel 620 & Nvidia MX150 4GB [1-3-19]
Inspiron 3542 15\4th Gen\ i3\4GB Ram\500GB\DVD [2014]
Acer Spin 1 11.6, 32GB SSD[2017], Asus 11.6, 64GB SSD[2018], Toshiba Satellite 11.6, 500GB[2015]
Win 10 Ver. 1909 on all