Highlighted
GummyBear0711
1 Copper

volume problems

hi i have been having a problem with my volume. it was fine all day and then all of a sudden my volume went down to 0 and stayed there. i have been trying to turn it up but everytime i let go of the button it goes right back down to 0. i have tried system restore, uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, running a system diagnostic. nothing has worked. what do i do? i just got this computer the other day and i use it for work but i cant without the volume. i was doing research and saw that other people with this computer  had the same problem. somebody plz tell me how i can fix it without having to spend a fortune

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: volume problems

Hi GummyBear0711, 

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Since you have not posted the exact model and operating system of your computer, at this time all we could do is provide you with a general answer to your question.

Try holding the Fn key and pressing the volume control.  If that works, then your F keys are defaulting to working as F keys, not media keys.  If you wish to swap that behavior around, take a look at your Esc key.  If you see an icon indicating "F Lock" or "Fn Lock", then press Fn+Esc, and the default behaviors of your F keys will be reversed.

Please send me a Private Message and provide your system service tag number
as well as your name, address, phone number and email address for further support
assistance if it is needed.

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos