Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

1 Message

May 23rd, 2020 02:00

white spots showing on screen

i have dell 5570 which i had brought about 7 months ago and it started showing up white dots in the screen...previously it showed up 1 dots but it has now started showing 2 dots which looks ugly....i want to replace it and want to know will i get it replaced for free and with the original one as in Nepal there are all duplicate items available here and are there authorized dell services here...please reply to this...i have still 5 months warranty left

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

May 23rd, 2020 03:00

The screen will need to be replaced.  If the system is under warranty, call Dell - if not, you can replace it yourself, or have local shop do that for you.  The cost will depend partly on the size and resolution of the screen, and whether or not it's a touchscreen - low cost for a 1366X768 non-touch, well under $100 for a panel and as much as $300-400 if it's a touch screen and high resolution.   Post the system model and screen type if you need a part reference.

10 Elder

• 

23K Posts

May 23rd, 2020 03:00

The answer depends on the nature of the problem.  If these are faulty pixels (pinpoint bright spots), note Dell's defective pixel policy:

https://www.dell.com/support/article/en-us/sln130145/dell-display-pixel-guidelines?lang=en

If they're something else - such as bright areas of the screen, whether or not Dell will replace the screen depends on what they deem to be the cause - manufacturing defect or user caused.

No Events found!