Apologies folks if this has been already posted or in the wrong place.
I reset my Windows 10 Dell inspiron and laptop whilst it was resetting my battery ran out which caused my laptop to turn off when 64 percent of the installation was complete one I connected my charger the installation has been stuck at 64 percent and keeps on restarting I need help. Also note that I cannot access my laptop it is stuck on that page with no options. I've tried all the F2 suggestions etc. but cannot get to the bios to change the boot options.
P.S. I'm a complete novice
Please list exact Dell model number. Example: Dell Inspiron 3543. If you don't know, enter service tag number onto the link below.
You should see exact model number in your Dell Product Support page. If you don't know service tag number, follow steps in link below:
How to find Dell Service Tag (Official Dell Tech Support)
If the troubleshooting steps above doesn't work, I suggest reinstalling windows 10. You could download Windows 10 ISO file through Dell’s website by following the steps in link below.
Windows 10 Bootable USB Flashdrive (Official Dell Tech Support)
Create a windows 10 installation media from the Microsoft website by following the steps in link below
Thanks for the replies folks, service tag number is
<Service tag removed>
and model no. is 3521-5285. I have a windows iso file downloaded on a flash drive but cannot use it as I cannot get to the bios
You change any settings in the BIOS before trying to reinstall windows 10? If yes, power off system, remove all peripherals, AC adapter and battery. Replace battery and adapter.
1. Power on system, quickly start tapping F2 key continuously until you see the BIOS setup
2. Change settings back in BIOS to the original settings
If you didn't change any settings in BIOS:
1.Power off system, remove AC adapter, battery and then press "Power On" button for about 5 seconds to release Static Flea Power. Replace battery and AC adapter
2. Power on system, quickly start tapping F12 key until you see Preparing One Time Boot Menu in the top right corner of screen.
3. At the boot menu, select the windows 10 installation media (flash drive) under UEFI BOOT
4. Select your keyboard language and then reinstall windows 10.
If the troubleshooting steps above didn't work:
1. Power on the system and let it run for 3 minutes.
2. While the computer is on, close the display and turn the computer over. Remove AC adapter and battery.
3. Replace battery, adapter, power on system and then boot into Dell Preboot menu (F12 key)
Unfortunately I can't get the link to open. If you're comfortable opening computer and removing parts:
I suggest reseating / or removing the hard drive to see if it will make any difference. Please read Owner's Manual thoroughly before opening the computer and remove hard drive. I also suggest watching the video in link below.
Dell Inspiron 15-3521 Hard Drive and Memory Replacement Guide
If removing the hard drive doesn't fix the problem, I suggest reseating the Memory Modules, see video above).
If you aren't comfortable opening computer, I suggest contacting Dell Technical Support for further assistance in link below.