Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 27th, 2022 07:00

Redeploy network configuration in PowerProtect DP4400

Hello everyone,

I have spent some time looking for this information in EMC/DELL documentation but I could not find anything.

I deployed a  DP4400 with a single network configuration and I need to reconfigure again with two subnets (separate management network)

There is any way to reconfigure this without loosing data or configuration?

If not, there is any way to do a factory restore without loosing iDRAC connectivity?

Thanks in advance

14 Posts

February 1st, 2022 15:00

@Ferreitor this access issue is something out of technical support, you need to call Customer Service to have your account added to the system and/or fixed, but for the document you can open an SR and we can be happy to provide.

Kudos if you like the answer.

DELL - SYS
#IWork4Dell
Centralized Technical Expert, Data Protection Division

14 Posts

February 1st, 2022 04:00

@Ferreitor If you are an external user/client then you will need to contact support or open an SR as this document is internal and cannot be shared, but we will be more than happy to provide assistance!

Kindly mark this as resolve if you agree

DELL - SYS
#IWork4Dell

• 

181 Posts

January 31st, 2022 16:00

Hi @Ferreitor,

We have references I could give you for the initial config for a sep mgt network, but that would not answer your question as to whether you can change it once configured as single net. 

I don't know the answer to that off-hand so I have asked some tech Leads about it and we should have an answer on that soon.

As for the factory reset: that would be a re-image, which would require us to send a Field Eng to your site (we don't support customers doing this), so losing iDRAC connectivity would not be an issue. A re-image is normally only done in an initial deployment as any customer data would be lost.

Let's get the answer to the first question before considering a re-image. 

January 31st, 2022 21:00

Hello @Ferreitor ,

Yes its possible to configure separate management network post deployment.

Solve has the documentation for the same.

Solve Link: https://solveonline.emc.com/solve/home/54  Check under Connectivity --> IDPA networking use cases documentation --> Old docs -->  DP4400 separate management network v5 document

Here is the link to the doc: http://10.241.199.74/download/IDPA-docs/Networking-use-cases-latest-docs/Old-docs/DP4400-separate-management-network-v5.pdf 

5 Posts

February 1st, 2022 00:00

Thank you Mr Miyagi

I can't access to the links, could you rewrite a link I could access?

Thanks in advance.

February 1st, 2022 02:00

Please make sure you are on Dell VPN while accessing 

5 Posts

February 1st, 2022 03:00

How I can connect to Dell VPN?

Thank you.

• 

181 Posts

February 1st, 2022 07:00

I have marked the previous from @IDPA_SYS  as the Solution since we do need a Support case opened to make these changes and the reference is for internal Dell or Partners only. 

This is for customers protection to make sure it is done correctly. 

Thanks @Mr.Miyagi  for sharing that info. On the public forum we can only share KBs that are available to customers and partners at https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us. Some of the internal docs also have an external link but not this one. But thanks for your help.

5 Posts

February 1st, 2022 07:00

I work for a DELL EMC Partner and this is procedure is for one of our customers. I login with my enterprise email acount linked to the partnership, but I am no able to access to this documentation.
As you said, this documentation is for DELL partners too but, an we are one of them, so, how could I do to access the document?

Thanks in advance

5 Posts

February 2nd, 2022 04:00

Hello,

I opened SR and I have the document.

Thank you very much.

14 Posts

February 2nd, 2022 05:00

@Ferreitor I am happy to hear that, you are more than welcome

Kudos if you like the answer.

DELL - SYS
#IWork4Dell

• 

181 Posts

May 23rd, 2023 15:00

Hi @Ferreitor ,

Sorry for late reply- I had access issues for a while.

This should help you:

The Advanced Services Team assists customers and partners with queries regarding their dell.com/support online accounts.  Our team is not staffed to answer technical questions, provide updates on Service Requests or open Service Requests on your behalf. 
For technical problems or questions regarding our products, we recommend that you try Live Chat.  This feature will allow you to directly engage with a Technical expert for quick answers to your questions or concerns. 

Customer inquiries, please open a case via Administrative Support 

For all other inquires or to escalate a service request, you may contact the Customer Support Team via phone:

• United States: +1-800-SVC-4EMC (+1-800-782-4362)
  • Canada: +1-800-543-4782
  • Worldwide: +1-508-497-7901

If you found this useful please give KUDOS to help others find the information also.

thanks

No Events found!