If you want to be able to browse, you need to first create a C$ share via the WebUI or the CLI. You can set the path for the C$ share to be where you would like to be able to create shares from, so you can set it to /ifs or subdirectory under /ifs.
There are many limitations in the process using MMC to create SMB share and we recommend to use cluster WebGUi or CLI.
Before you start "New share" wizard:
- Create the new folder manually if folder doesn't exist.
- Configure NTFS permissions
- Open MMC "Shared folder snap-in" using direct IP to any node.
Never use SmartConnect name. IP has to be from the correct Access Zone.
- Start "new share" wizard
- Folder path: <c:\ifs\full_path_folder>. For example: <c:\ifs\data\smb\share>
- On the permission config" All users have read-only access". You have to reconfigure SMB share permissions later.
As far as I know the use of MMC is not supported. Another Pitfall is the default ACL applied to the folder, if you did not create a folder before creating a share. The quickest way is to go by cli:
isi smb share create --name="myfiles" --path="/ifs/data/myfiles"