This discussion takes place Oct 19th - Nov 2nd. Be sure to login to enable posting replies.
Isilon All-Flash is a scale-out NAS storage platform that combines the extreme performance of flash technology with the proven efficiency, flexibility and resiliency of Isilon storage, the #1 scale-out NAS platform in the industry. Powered by the Isilon OneFS operating system, Isilon All-Flash storage is designed to support a wide range of applications and workloads that require extreme NAS performance. Isilon All-Flash can be deployed separately or easily integrated into existing Isilon clusters to enable customers to modernize IT, enable digital business and accelerate the performance of an enterprise data lake.
The Isilon All-Flash uses a revolutionary, highly dense design that provides 4 Isilon nodes within a single 4U chassis. Available in several configurations, the Isilon all-flash platform will deliver up to 250,000 IOPS and 15 GB/s bandwidth per chassis while providing and capacity options ranging from 92 TB to 924 TB per chassis. Isilon All-Flash solutions can expand easily as needed up to 100 chassis is a single cluster to provide a total cluster performance of up to 25M IOPS and 1.5 TB/s bandwidth.
Along with extreme NAS performance, Isilon All-Flash scale-out NAS provides proven enterprise-grade capabilities that organizations demand including:
|LOOKING TO PARTICIPATE? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER/LOGIN|
Have a few questions? Join the chat below to ask all of your questions about Isilon All-Flash with some of our experts from Dell I EMC.
This discussion is running for two weeks, Oct 19th - Nov 2nd. Get ready by bookmarking this page or signing up for e-mail notifications.
|FOLLOW THE ASK THE EXPERT COMMUNITY ON ECN|
Meet Your Experts:
Director, Product Management
Karthik has been working with Isilon for 3 years. He runs the product management for all things data services, protocols, , big data & Hadoop, cloud and SDS. Some of the technologies he's experieced with are: Cluster file systems, virtualization, product management, scale out NAS markets, competitive views, software defined storage. Twitter Handle: @krtm01
Part of the Isilon Product management team. Responsible for the Isilon platforms with a focus on next generation platforms. Twitter Handle: @geetavaghela
|INTERESTED ON A PARTICULAR TOPIC? SUBMIT IT TO US.|
Share this event on Twitter or LinkedIn:
>> Ask the Expert: Accelerate the Data Lake http://bit.ly/2dTdP0j <<
Welcome to this Dell EMC Community Network Ask the Expert conversation. Our discussion is now open for interaction.
When formulating your question please consider the following:
Login or register to engage – You must login or, if you’re new, register to DECN in order to post a question, like, bookmark or follow this discussion. https://developer-content.emc.com/login/login.asp.
Be respectful – SMEs are volunteering to assist you and will provide you with information that they have access to.
Provide details and background – Our SMEs will try their best to provide a full answer for your satisfaction, but will appreciate as much information you can provide about your inquiry.
Keep focus and within topic – The expectation is to receive questions about the topic is that is being presented on the title and description of this event. We would appreciate if questions are kept within those boundaries.
Be appreciative – Many tools available for this, likes, user ratings, follow, bookmark and the good old “thank you”.
You have until November 2nd to post questions.
We’re delighted to know you’ve decided to join our debate and hope you receive the answers you’re eager to find. Thanks!
I had a customer ask me how and when they can order Isilon All-Flash. What process do they need to follow and how they can get someone to contact them.
The new Isilon All-Flash platform will provide blazing performance to run a wide range of the most demanding NAS workloads. Examples include:
1) Data Lake: Customers looking to consolidate their unstructured data with a data lake that supports a wide range of workloads including a number of applications that require extreme NAS performance.
2) Media & Entertainment: M&E customer target use cases include: 4K streaming of data to drive higher resolution of viewing content; and large-scale render farms that need to process larger datasets and generate content faster.
3) Life Sciences: Target use cases include genomics sequencing and large-scale microscopy environments that need to process enormous datasets in a short time period
4) Financial Services: Use cases will include workloads that need high performance, low latency and maximum throughput such as ticker analysis that requires near real-time analysis of stock market data on very large datasets.
5) Big Data Analytics: Customers looking to run a wide range of near real-time analytics with their choice of Big Data analytics vendors like Hortonworks, Cloudera, Pivotal, IBM and Splunk.
6) Big Data Analytics: Customers looking to run a wide range of near real-time analytics with their choice of Big Data analytics vendors like Hortonworks, Cloudera, Pivotal, IBM and Splunk.
How are the Caches handled in Isilon AFA? Use only the L1 and L2 Caches?
With SmartPools, is it reasonable to assume that the Isilon AFA nodes will be used the most? If that's the case, is there something smart to protect the flash arrays from worn out quickly?