Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 18th, 2013 04:00

CEE for Isilon OneFS 7.1

Hi,

I have a OneFS 7.1 simulator setup and I have installed CEE 6.2 on a Windows 2008R2 server. Isilon has been configured for auditing CIFS access. I am facing problems when trying to register and receive events in my application. I have the CEE XML DTD v1.5 which lets me create XML registration responses to be sent to CEE. CEE sends my application a registration request and I send back a response which has to contain the CIFS server name and the CIFS share list on which events would be sent to my application.

The following is the Registration response sent by my application to the CEE.

0. Is the above registration response correct?

1. What should be the Server name for registering with the Isilon cluster. Should it be the cluster IP, DNS resolvable name of the cluster IP, one of the node IP address, etc.

2. What should be the share name list? Does the above qualify as a valid name or should it be something different for Isilon.

I changed Verbose and Debug setting in the registry to 1 and CEE now prints some debug messages which can be viewed through DebugView utility. Whenever I do some file activity on the share, I see some log messages on DebugView which kind of indicates that events are coming in from the Isilon side to CEE. Here are those messages.

[15408] [EMC CEE]: CTransport+::DispatchEvent(): Got a VC_CEPP_POST_EVENT request

[15408] [EMC CEE]: CTransport+::DispatchEvent(): Got a VC_CEPP_POST_EVENT request

…..

However, I do not see any events in my application.

Debugview also shows the following:

[15408] [EMC CEE]: CTransport+::DispatchEvent(): Got a CEPP_HEARTBEAT request

[15408] [EMC CEE]: CHeartBeatMonitor::Instrument(): Entering

[15408] [EMC CEE]: CScanStatServer::Instrument(): Entering

[15408] [EMC CEE]: CScanStatServer::Instrument(): Issuing an internal HB

[15408] WMI GetCEEObject Exception: Invalid namespace 

[15408] [EMC CEE]: CHeartBeatMonitor::FindAVEngine(): PLoop: OpenProcess failed: 87 PID: 0

[15408] [EMC CEE]: CHeartBeatMonitor::FindAVEngine(): PLoop: OpenProcess failed: 5 PID: 4

which indicates that my application is sending regular heartbeats to CEE but I do not understand the Exception above. Could that be an issue.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

-Himanshu

450 Posts

February 9th, 2015 07:00

165 Posts

March 26th, 2014 09:00

Hi Himanshu,

How do we get the CEE, is there a trail version of it

Thanks,

Damal

450 Posts

March 26th, 2014 10:00

CEE or Common Event Enabler is a windows installed application/service. It is the same one used for VNX and Celerra.  You can download it from support.emc.com, search for 'common event enabler'.  The latest version I could find as of today 3-26-2014 was 6.2.1.

https://support.emc.com/search/?text=common event enabler

165 Posts

March 26th, 2014 11:00

Thank you Chris.

17 Posts

February 8th, 2015 02:00

hi Chris,

I can't find any downloads for that, even I tried to directly press your link, it has information about the CEE that's right but the application is not in the downloads,

any idea?

Thanks

No Events found!