Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 12th, 2013 14:00

Celerra to Isilon data move

Hi,

Working in Isilon is new to me.  Need to move the data, FS and cifs and nfs exports from celerra to Isilon. Please suggest the tools that can be used? advantages and disadvantages if any and also please share any documents if available.

Thanks in advance.

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

March 12th, 2013 15:00

Mark has done some scripting work to help folks out, check out his blog

http://blog.virtualstoragezone.com/category/isilon/

http://blog.virtualstoragezone.com/category/automation/

11 Posts

March 14th, 2013 10:00

Thanks a lot. Will go through the docs.

467 Posts

March 14th, 2013 10:00

You can use my resources to export your CIFS and NFS exports from Celerra and create them on Isilon, as dynamox mentioned.  I just parse your server_export commands on celerra and form isi commands on the backside.  Then an additional script to generate your emcopy/robocopy commands to actually move the data..

It's actually really simple to do.  Let us know if you have issues.

8 Posts

April 2nd, 2013 06:00

When using EMCopy from VNX to Isilon the date modified and date accessed are not preserved.  However, if I run the same command from VNX to VNX, they are.  I am receiving an error on the Isilon box when running EMCopy, but I am not sure if that is the cause of the issue. 

\\src \\trg * /o /s /d /c /r:1 /w:5 /th 64 /xd lost+found .etc /purge /log+:\\log.txt

TH000 : 09:13:50 : WARNING : Unable to retrieve the PDC of the domain nearby \\ , error : 171 7

TH000 : 09:13:50 : WARNING : The default primary group is set to "domain users"

8 Posts

October 24th, 2013 07:00

I did not.  I ended up just copying the data anyway.  Everything seemed to work okay.

19 Posts

October 24th, 2013 07:00

Hi oyo44,

Did you find the origin of these events? I can see them with EMCOPY 04.16.

Ingo

19 Posts

October 30th, 2013 06:00

Thanks for your reply. I had issues with with isi_vol_copy_vnx as it refused to copy with the source celerra having dedup switched on. Doing a "fs_dedupe -default -set [datamover_n] -backup_data_threshold 0" resolved this issue.

My task-chain looks like this:

for all nfs and nfs+cifs shares: isi_vol_copy_vnx -full

for all cifs-shares:

First bulk-copy: emcopy \"$src\" \"$dst\" /s /r:0 /w:0 /c /th 256 /log:$log.txt

Increment-copy:  emcopy \"$src\" \"$dst\" /s /purge /sdd /de /o /secforce /lg /r:0 /w:0 /c /th 256 /log:$log.txt

I hope to have all the testing stuff done next week.

No Events found!